1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless multimedia Keyboards

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by chelman, May 2, 2012.

1. chelman

chelman New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Southern...
    Will a wireless multimedia keyboard like the SMK-Link UltraMini Touch http://www.smklink.com/index.php?id=ODA3 work with the S3?
    or the Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard N5901?

2. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Not unless you hack it and are able to find the appropriate Linux drivers for it.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Not sure that's true ... I'm able to use the wireless RF keyboard that came with my Acer Aspire Revo PC with my TiVos and I know other people here have had success with mini-keyboards like the OP is referring to.

4. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Which Tivo models? I'm pretty sure any older models won't work with anything plugged into a USB port unless the drivers are present. Aside from some network adapters, device compatibility is pretty limited. I suppose it's possible that newer models that use the Tivo slide remote may also work with some Bluetooth keyboards.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    It works with my S3 and THD (and obviously my Premiere). If memory serves, you need at least the 11.0 software line (so this doesn't work on the S2 boxes, but the OP was asking about an S3).