1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"will transfer later" message

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by tivoknucklehead, Jul 7, 2014.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    "will transfer when other files are done transferring"

when transferring file from PC to Quad elite using tivo desktop, even though there are no other files transferring. even get message after a tivo reboot and a "pause server" on tivo desktop

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    IIRC, based on my TiVo HD model, look on the ToDo list and cancel transfer of any video that says transfer is pending or in progress.

3. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    no transferring files show up in the to do list. the strange thing is I can transfer other files, so maybe the file is corrupted, even though it shows up in the list of files (with an .mp4 format) and can be viewed on my PC using VLC player

I'll just stream it using plex and my roku player

4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Are you saying that it is not transferring at all, or are you just getting this message? I'll sometimes get the message and then it transfers anyhow.

5. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

waited several minutes and no transfer happened

6. ftg

ftg New Member

Apr 20, 2014
    I had this happen all the time a few weeks ago. From my Premiere to my HD. It just said it was added to the ToDo list and nothing happened. Didn't get the "Start Playing" icon. Nothing else on the ToDo list.

Once one of those got stuck, then I couldn't even do a transfer from my PC to the HD. I had to reboot. Rebooting both didn't stop it from recurring.

But I tested it last night and it worked again.

Call me "puzzled".

(Of course most of the stuff I want to "transfer", i.e., watch, now is from MGMHD. But they set the copy byte and won't let that happen. Sheesh.)