1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will single TiVo Stream work with multiple basic Roamios?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Thom, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Thom

Thom Active Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Whittier,...
    If you have more than one basic Roamio, do you only need a single TiVo Stream for all of them, or do you need one Stream per Roamio?

2. Am_I_Evil

Am_I_Evil Member

Apr 7, 2009
    There apparently needs to be a sticky about how the Stream works (and this should probably be in the Stream section of the forum)...there have been multiple version of this asked over the past few days...

One stream (either external or built into the Roamio Plus/Pro) is needed to stream from ANY TiVo on the same network (i would assume they would also have to be on the same account, ie: same MAK)

3. Thom

Thom Active Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Whittier,...
  4. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    So would that limit you to one stream at a time? If you had two, could you do two streams?

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    No, a single Stream can do up to 4 streams at a time.

6. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Oh ok. So it could do two and two or one and three with two TiVos?

7. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yes. The only limitation is that as single TiVo only supports 3 outgoing streams, which includes streams between TiVos and to Minis. So with one TiVo and one Stream you'll never get more then 3 streams. But with two you could max it out.

8. supie

supie New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    I was wondering if I need both TiVo Stream when Roamio Pro has Stream also. I doubt I will need to stream more than 4 shows at the same time.

Thanks

9. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    No, the Stream inside the Roamio Plus/Pro can be used by any Roamio or Premiere on your network, so there is no need to have a standalone Stream if you have a Roamio Plus or Pro.