1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Manual Recordings NOT IN Folders??

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by NoVa, Jul 15, 2012.

1. NoVa

NoVa Member

Feb 26, 2006
    NoVa
    Thanks to every1 in the community, I was able to finally acquire a cablecard from Commiecast for my Premiere XL.

However, prior to that, I had to manually record a show for a couple of weeks. It was the only show I was recording while I waited to get the cablecard.
    I had GROUPS turned on.

I was expecting these recordings to be put into a folder.
    But when I go into the MYSHOW menu - they are just listed there one by one in date order - not in a folder.

Can the T(i)V(o)C(ommunity) shed some light please?

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I assume you mean you were doing manual recordings from a clear QAM channel for which you obviously had no guide data. Since this means there is no information by which the TiVo can group them, why did you expect them to show up in a group?

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes as long as you have guide data manual recordings do group. Obviously without CC clear QAM channels have no guide data and hence no grouping possible.

4. NoVa

NoVa Member

Feb 26, 2006
    NoVa
    Ah - got it. Thanks gentlemen.
    Faulty logic on my part.

IMO - still a shortcoming that TiVo couldn't group manual recordings.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    On what is it supposed to group them? Day & time & channel? Time & channel? These aren't folders in the hierarchical file system sense. They are just lists of recordings that meet the criteria for the group - same seriesId, HD recording, wishlist. Any individual recording can be in multiple groups. I suppose if it were recorded by a repeating manual recording, it could be grouped on that but that would require adding that information to the recording entry and adding the capability to the group builder.

This capability is of extremely marginal utility. Even you only needed it until you installed a CableCARD.