1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my Roamio repeatedly recording this unwanted show?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by chrispitude, Dec 24, 2013.

1. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    My Roamio is repeatedly recording a weather segment from The Weather Channel:

Northeast Regional Forecast: 12/18/13
    Northeast Regional Forecast: 12/19/13
    Northeast Regional Forecast: 12/20/13
    Northeast Regional Forecast: 12/23/13

They are short segments (under a minute) and they are airing at early morning times (1:57am, 3:58am, etc.) when nobody is awake.

I do not have a season pass for this show. When I select one of these shows, the UI shows "Get a Season Pass" as one of the options. I double-confirmed that it's not listed in the season pass manager.

I have suggestions turned off.

I viewed the recording history to try to figure out why it's recording these segments. However, the history doesn't show successful recordings; it shows only shows that do not record and their reasons.

I checked the to-do list for upcoming days and there are no such episodes scheduled to record. I'll keep an eye on things to see if more shows so up.

In the meantime, does anyone know why my Roamio is recording these unwanted shows?

2. moose53

moose53 New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Video on Demand / Podcasts /

If you look at all of the Podcasts, you will see a checkmark next to "Northeast Regional Forecast"

Select it and modify-cancel the season pass

3. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Thanks for the reply! I'm looking through the Roamio's menus and I don't see anything called "Video on Demand" or "Podcasts". Can you tell me where these are located in the menu structure?

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try the Download Manager.

5. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    That was it!! THANK YOU!

I have no idea how it got there. Actually, I have a good idea how - our in-laws are staying with us, and they're used to the SD interface on our Premiere. They are fans of watching The Weather Channel, and they probably clicked into some portion of the Roamio's UI that they found interesting.