1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I love my Stream!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by NJBLUESMAN, Sep 26, 2012.

1. NJBLUESMAN

NJBLUESMAN New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    New Hampshire
    Well simply it works as advertised but with the added benefit of saving lots of cash!!!

Yes lots of mullah!!

I am about to leave on a work trip for 5 days and usually I rent movies or download some seasons / shows off of itunes and now I just dowloaded about 20 shows such as

Sons of Anarchy
    Hell on Wheels
    Revolution
    NCIS
    Fanatasy Football
    Game On
    New Normal etc..

While I can not copy shows from HBO & Sho and such I can at least watch them at home and save the rest for travel.

While I know each different cable operator has different flags set I should recover the cost easily in 1 year!

Bob

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I love mine because I no longer fall asleep on the couch watching TV. My couch is terrible and every time I slept on it I would have a horrible nights sleep and usually wake up with a stiff neck. However I still slept on it frequently because my wife wont let me put a TV in the bedroom and I have a hard time falling asleep in silence. So a lot of time I would end up falling asleep on the couch while watching TV. Now when I get tired I grab my iPad, setup whatever I'm watching on the Stream and put it on the nightstand on my side of the bed. I have not spent one night on the couch since I got it 3 weeks ago. :)

Dan

3. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You can't have a TV in the bedroom, but can have an iPad *watching* TV???

Seems like separate bedrooms might be in order. (I'm being serious.)

4. Fofer

Fofer XenForo Rocks! TCF Club

Oct 29, 2000
    No, a TV is often a big monstrosity that affects the room's focus and feng shui. I know many couples that choose to leave the TV *out* of the bedroom, for very specific reasons. A portable tablet though, squeaks by. I get it.

5. NJBLUESMAN

NJBLUESMAN New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    New Hampshire
    Same here wife doesnt want a tv in the bedroom so the Ipad fits a nice niche pllus I do have a guest room with a premiere hookup for those late night games!

6. WestTx

WestTx Member

Dec 5, 2005
    West Texas
    After years of using Slingbox and Vulkano boxes I've enjoyed using the Stream because the user controls work so well. I rarely ever even tried streaming outside my network on the other boxes because the video quality (due to bandwidth) and crumby control response made the experience a pain.

I'm slightly embarrassed to report that I've actually watched three sports events simultaneously on my TV and two iPads. More than once.

7. button1066

button1066 New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Nothing embarrassing about that. It's one of the best uses for the stream I've heard of so far.

8. NJBLUESMAN

NJBLUESMAN New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    New Hampshire
    It is awesome for football. I have it tuned into the red zone chanell on Sundays

9. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I sure hope you're joking.

10. Fofer

Oct 29, 2000
    Not in the slightest. Lots and lots of people, interior designers, and heck, relationship experts, contend that having a TV as the centerpiece in the bedroom isn't always a good idea.

11. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    My wife's issue has nothing to do with feng shui. It's more a problem that I come to bed several hours after she does and a big, bright, loud TV wakes her up. A small iPad on my side of the bed that only has to be loud enough for me to hear it a foot away doesn't bother her.

Dan

12. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    "TV as a centerpiece isn't always a good idea" is completely different from unscientific mumbo jumbo.

(But as Joey said on "Friends", paraphrase, "What do you point your chairs at?")

13. Fofer

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, well, sez you. I happen to agree with the tenets of feng shui, and have seen its benefits firsthand. I also have heard the advice about televisions and master bedrooms. And this is veering off-topic, anyway.

14. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    For some women, the bedroom is their 'woman cave'.
    Very rarely have I seen a woman cave with a TV in it. :p

15. HeatherA

HeatherA Old AVS Forum Member

Jan 9, 2002
    For me (I am the wife) the TV is a very important piece of furniture in my bedroom. I have a gorgeous 42" Sony GTV right at the foot of my bed. Looks like a giant iPad in landscape mode... hides the TiVo premiere quite nicely.

I feel sorry for you guys who aren't allowed a TV in the bedroom. I love curling up in bed on a cold winter night to watch some shows before sleep.

16. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The bedroom thing seems odd to me. The bedroom should be about the bed and what you do in the bed. And most people watch TV while in the Bed. Which usually means a TV in the bedroom. Although I don't like to watch TV in bed but my girlfriend likes to. And I do have one in my bedroom, but don't really use it very much.

17. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I have a TV in my bedroom that gets maybe an hour of use a day. I like to watch raymond before i go to bed to de-compress

18. Fofer

Oct 29, 2000
    Don't feel sorry for them. They're having sex.

19. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Can you use a TiVo Stream to stream to an HDTV in a spare bedroom?

20. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Did some quick research. Sounds like what I need is a Mini... Have they announced a release date yet?