1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't TiVo support the features they offer?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by DJQuad, Mar 23, 2013.

1. DJQuad

DJQuad Poker Junkie

Dec 22, 2004
    During a recent chat with TiVo support, I was told to "contact YouTube" about a YouTube stuttering issue. Netflix seems to work fine.

1, I pay TiVo for the services they offer, not YouTube, Netflix, AOL, or anyone else. If TiVo decided to settle on a crappy app and then offer it as a feature, actually supporting it isn't too much to ask for.

2, Being directed to contact YouTube/Google about this issue is absolutely pointless. I'd have better luck contacting life on Mars. The rep directed me to http://support.google.com/youtube ...

Normally TiVo support has been great, but when it comes to the extra services they offer, I'm quickly finding out it's a complete waste of time.
  2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Do you contact apple with an angry birds problem? Not saying tivo is the best app platform, just saying they cannot fix issues with apps that other companies write. I'm not making any kind of statement about your issue at all.
  3. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I have that problem with my computer with a 25 megs down and 5 megs up internet connection. I t possible that it not the tivo causing it.
  4. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    YouTube is a notorious mess. I wouldn't blame TiVo. Use one of the other boxes you probably have under your TV that also does YouTube. YouTube on an iPad with AirPlay to an Apple TV is really amazing.
  5. MzLoretta

MzLoretta New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    This is a YouTube issue, not a TiVo issue. typing in YouTube/activiate in your browser doesn't work. I found this thread and got to the proper activate place via the Google answer here .... but I can't post the link yet .... as I haven't posted enough. I'll post some messages and come back with the link.

Aaaaaand ... here it is: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/sPe5FtaerKo

BTW: LOVE YouTube/TiVo .... really great.