1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does history channel play pawn stars all the time?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tootal2, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jun 9, 2012 #1 of 14
    tootal2

tootal2 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Seems like pawn stars is on all the time. I just deleted 97 shows of pawn stars.

2. Jun 9, 2012 #2 of 14
    GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    I'm guessing because reruns of Pawn Stars gets better ratings than most anything else they put on the air.

I use "first run only" for Pawn Stars, but if you like watching some reruns, you could use the "keep at most" option as well, if your DVR is capable of it.

3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I'm guessing it has a lot to do with how cheap it is to produce compared to other shows, which is part of the reason for the explosion in the number of "reality" shows in general.

4. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    It gets great ratings.

5. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Is this a show that anyone can watch an episode more than once? If I've already seen an episode, I can't imagine watching it again. It isn't like a sitcom where I can watch over and over again.
    I guess the marathon runs could be for those that have never seen it, and just so happen to stumble across the channel during the 16 hours they are playing the same series.

6. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    How can anyone watch sitcoms (or any show) over and over? The joke's are only funny the first time. At least for me anyways, but I don't watch any shows or movies more than once. What's the point if I know what's going to happen?

7. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I've watched Seinfeld episodes MULTIPLE times...always funny!

8. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    This for sure.

9. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    The Franchise.

10. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Because it gets ratings equal to or significantly better than most all shows on NBC.

11. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    There's something deeply disturbing about that for some reason.

12. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Heck, I would say that for most things. I know someone already mentioned Seinfeld, but that's one of the rare examples I could see watching again, season by season.. (Though probably ignoring the really well known eps, since I would remember a lot of them.)

13. Samantha Kirk

Samantha Kirk New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    I never had problem with watching episodes again and again. Sometimes you watch it because you loved it and sometimes you do it without reason. My favorite sitcoms are “The Big Bang Theory” and “Two and a Half Men”. I have watched it number of times and never disliked it. It is just like watching your favorite movie again and again even though you knew it by heart.

14. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I find myself watching an episode for a while before I realize that it's one that I've seen. They aren't that memorable.

On second thought, it could also be that I'm catching bits and pieces while flipping around between other shows, so I only recognize the moments and not the entire episode.