1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I getting a "Can't Watch Now (V112)" message?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sangs, Jan 12, 2014.

1. sangs

sangs Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    My second go-round with a Tivo setup - Roamio Pro, Roamio Basic and two Minis, all connected via Ethernet this time - had been going well until this morning.

Today, when I try to play a show from the Pro on the Basic, I receive a "Can't Watch Now" message that says "Community can't be watched now because of a problem with the network connection between this DVR and (the other) DVR. There may be a problem with your network or network setup (V112)."

However, when I go to transfer the episode from the Pro to the Basic, it works without issue. So obviously, the network connection is just fine. Also, I had no trouble watching a show from the Pro on the Basic (and vice-versa) yesterday. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. sangs

sangs Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Well check that now, because after completing the transfer it's working normally again and the "Can't Watch Now (V112)" issue has disappeared. Did it just need to wake up or something? (Not that I put anything in standby.)

3. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
  4. sangs

sangs Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the info Kevin. I'll see how frequently it pops up before I bother her with it.