1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has a Roamio in stock

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by cwaipoi, Aug 27, 2013.

1. cwaipoi

cwaipoi New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    So I have a comcast installation scheduled for this weekend and was hoping to use a Roamio. WHo has them in stock at the moment - Amazon doesn't, Best Buy doesn't, Walmart doesn't, weakness doesn't...

2. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    Guess it depends on where you live. Several Best Buys in my area have them in stock.

Have you tried tivo.com?

3. cwaipoi

cwaipoi New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    In the Chicagoland area. Yes i guess Tivo is an option, although their 2-day shipping charge is silly.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Which one are you looking for?

5. cwaipoi

cwaipoi New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    The Plus.

6. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    Perhaps if you go for the Plus with lifetime service they'll throw in free upgraded shipping?

I think I read in another thread that someone was able to finagle that, just by asking.

7. cwaipoi

cwaipoi New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I guess that's an option, although i'm not really that interested in lifetime. I suspect that there will be deals on that in the next couple of years as the whole TV landscape continues to change.

Maybe i'll just get comcast to install with their DVR and swap in the Tivo when it's available.

8. matt8268

matt8268 New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Seems stock is hard to get at the moment. Amazon had said Weaknees would have stock on 8/27, today that changed to 8/30. I ordered from SolidSignal that said they had the Plus in stock, today they told me the manufacturer did not have the stock they were expecting. I called Tivo yesterday. They (said they) have everything in stock, and I offered to buy a Plus and a mini, both with lifetime service, but they would not waive the $90 2-day shipping charge (after checking with a supervisor). They didn't seem too interested in getting me to place an order. My guess is the Roamio is selling very well and they don't have to incent the early adopters any more.

9. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Active Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
    The Best Buy website shows the Magnolia Store location in my area has both the Plus and Pro in stock.