1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Collar S04E02 "Most Wanted" OAD 7/17/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cstelter, Jul 18, 2012.

1. cstelter

cstelter Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Mankato, MN
    Well, looks like they're trying to get back to 'business as usual' as quickly as possible. I'd like to say I didn't see this general type of resolution coming, but...

The show has done a reasonably good job of threading a season long story into the episodes-- hopefully the last twist is going to turn out to be a part of a greater story. We'll see.

I'm a bit disappointed with the first two episodes. I hope it picks up.

2. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am betting that Peter is not in 'blue collar' crime very long. Or maybe his whole gang helps him find people. And Mozz, where will he be? We need him in NY!

3. Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    Ep 1 & 2, Get Neal back to White Collar in NYC, EP 3 & 4 get Peter back to White Collar in NYC. Ep 5 & 6 Get Mozzie back.

Remaining episodes, random stuff where Peter's wife is in danger and some really shiny stuff is stolen and returned..

Win

4. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought the writers came up with a clever way to have Neal forgiven for his sins. There's certainly a big difference from being a quasi-reformed con man/art thief being "Wanted" and a long-time "Most Wanted" criminal sought by the FBI. Giving Neal his old job back with the anklet was a fair trade off to them for getting the other guy, I'm sure.

What I thought was contrived was them reassigning Peter to a lessor job. I really thought that was stupid.

5. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Also, the FBI agent who deliberately shot Neal in the leg not only got off scot-free, but he actually got credit for an epic bust. I would think that Peter and Neal, once they were back in the US, would have been able to get that guy in trouble for deliberately shooting an unarmed, restrained prisoner.

6. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    +1000

He should be brought up on charges for that. It was a clearly illegal act. Even if he claimed Neal was fleeing, he cannot shoot a fleeing suspect unless he represents a clear and present danger to the public safety. Neal has been convicted of theft, never a violent crime. He is a much bigger criminal than Neal!

7. BetaMark

BetaMark New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Van Nuys, CA
    We won't be watching. Matt Bomer's coming out pretty much shattered the sense of romance I had about the series.

Don't get me wrong... I think he should be able to live any way he wants to in his private life. It's just too much of a stretch for me to watch him playing a debonaire ladies' man.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I know exactly what you mean.

I used to think I loved Firefly, but then I found out that Nathan Fillion was only faking being a spaceship captain, and I realized the show sucked.

9. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    But Morena Baccarin really has sex for money, right? I'd have to stop watching Firefly reruns if I found out she was only acting. :eek:

10. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    You know, it's funny you say that. I watched these two shows, the first since he came out, with the brief thought, "Is it any different now? Do I see him differently since I know he's gay?"

And ya' know what... not at all. He's such a great looking, very handsome, very debonair (your word, and you're right) actor, that I have no problem seeing him exactly as the character he portrays.

And I'm a raging hetero. :D

YMDV.

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I feel the same way about Matt Bomer as I do about Rock Hudson, Cary Grant, and Randolph Scott -- they're charismatic and debonair and have great chemistry with the ladies. I can easily see them playing for both teams. :D

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    When did he come out? I hadn't heard that.

Makes no difference to me. Plenty of straight guys play gay characters and vice versa. I don't even think about it once the show starts.

13. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    It was earlier this summer I think.

I totally forgot about it while watching these episodes. Not an issue for me, he can pull it off. Same thing with Neal Patrick Harris in How I met your Mother.

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It is weird seeing him be such an irresistable ladies man now that I know he's gay. I chuckled a little bit at his scenes with that beautiful woman but it won't stop me from watching the show. I think the characters Neal and Peter have been a closeted gay couple for a while anyway. I can't imagine what the fanfic for this show would be like.

15. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I don't see Neal any differently now that Matthew has come out.

I don't see Barney any differently after Neal Patrick Harris came out.

I have no problem believing Cameron Tucker is gay even though Eric Stonestreet is straight.

I have no problem believing Sheldon Cooper is asexual even though Jim Parsons is gay.

I have no problem thinking Tom Cruise is gay even though he says he's not.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Mark obviously thinks about whether or not people are gay a lot more than I do... :D

17. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I just wish Matt Bomer would shave. If you're going to grow a beard, grow a frickin' beard. That stubble crap went out with Miami Vice.

18. BetaMark

BetaMark New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Van Nuys, CA
    Okay, okay... so I relented and bought the season off of iTunes. Yeah, Matt's still fun to watch, although the womanizing thing doesn't work for me like it used to. But things have gone from bad to worse. No Mozzie? No Peter? What chemistry is left? Maybe at least Mozzie will get lonely for his BFF and decide to come back to NYC.

19. BetaMark

BetaMark New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Van Nuys, CA
    +1

Not to mention Mozzie... ugh. This is so not right. :eek:

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    DO you honestly think they'll go more than an episode or two without the whole team being back together again?