1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which night is most "crowded" on your DVR?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Apr 20, 2012.

What night do you record your most shows?

1. Sunday

66 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Monday

13 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Tuesday

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Wednesday

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Thursday

44 vote(s)
    31.2%
  6. Friday

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  7. Saturday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This article had me thinking about which night I have the most stuff recording:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/a...the-dvr-runneth-over.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

I agree with the article that I think it's Sunday, followed by Wednesday and then Thursday. On those nights, there's always stuff I end up watching on the "other" DVR because of conflicts.

What the article failed to talk about, is that many of the shows on "cable" rerun at various other, more, convenient times for recording. For instance, I record Game of Thrones on the HBO West feed at midnight, so that my DVR is free to record other shows I have on at the same time as the east coast feed.

Compounding issues on Sunday night is CBS' insistence of running their full four hour slate of shows come heck or high water despite the likely hood a sporting event will run over (typical during the NFL season, March Madness and the Masters). So that means padding shows and further complicating the mess.

So what's your toughest night for your TV viewing?

2. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Thursday without a doubt.

3. robbhimself

robbhimself New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    my sunday is busy with longer shows, but my thursday has more volume of shows, both probably equal out to the same number of hours

4. cl8855

cl8855 woot!

Jan 2, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    i have no idea, because I dont know what days shows actually run any more :)

5. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Thursday- but only because Big Bang overlaps with the Idol results show and I want to watch both a tad delayed.
    Otherwise I have used multiple DVR's for so long that any conflicts I have are not anything I can recall.

6. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Depends on the time of year. Right now it's Sunday.

7. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    if you have a TiVo, the Now Playing (My Shows) list will show the date and day of week it was recorded.

8. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Same with DirecTV DVR and Dish DVRs as well. I'd imagine it's common for cable DVRs as well.

9. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Right now? Monday

As others have stated, this can vary from time of year. But right now, Monday seems to be the day where I record the most stuff.

10. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Monday because I end up having to use two Tivos (three tuners) to grab the Voice and the other stuff I want to watch.

11. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Yup.

12. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Sunday without a doubt for me due to 5 broadcast shows with the inherent live sporting event runovers and about five cable channel shows that at least have mutilipe broadcast times.

13. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Sunday. My wife watches The Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, The Good Wife, Army Wives and The Client List. We both watch Mad Men.

14. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Sunday was a nightmare for me before I recently replace my two Series 2, single tuner, machines with Premieres.

Now it's awesome! :) Two tuners times two machines is just rockin' for me now. I probably have at least 30 shows recording on Sundays. Mondays are starting to catch up and Thursdays are getting pretty heavy.

When I got new Tivos I really shaved down some of the season passes on both. I still have a total of about 120 season passes between the two. With dual-tuner Tivos it's smooth as silk.

I felt like an idiot when it actually took me several years to 'get' that I needed to plug the SPs for network shows at the top of the lists, since they only air once as a rule. The cable shows will take care of themselves since their are so many airings. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that one out. d'oh!

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Friday is hell for me (five shows at 8:00 Central!). Which I guess makes me a big fat loser, since Friday is where they big fat loser shows... :D

16. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    Sunday, with Thursday a distant 2nd.

17. Timbeau

Timbeau Active Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    With 5 tuners on the HR34, I really don't notice too many conflicts but I think we record 3 shows simultaneously on Tue evening. That will ease now that Justified is no longer running though.

18. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    Thursday.

And, Thursday's my bowling night, so I watch all the stuff that records on Thursday either over the weekend, or if my weekend is busy (usually) over Monday through Wednesday of the following week.

19. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Tuesdays for me is almost completely empty. New Girl & Raising Hope is it. Haven't really seen any of New Girl yet and Raising Hope's season is over.

Wednesday & Thursday are a toss-up, with both right around 5 hours each.

Actually Friday & Saturday I record nothing. And I don't record much on Sunday. I see there's a new Harry's Law this sunday that I'll get. I gave up on Celebrity Apprentice and don't have HBO, Showtime or any other premium channels.

20. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Sunday and Monday are both bad (really wish I could wean myself off Celebrity Apprentice...those two hours really screw with my To Do list). I'm just thankful that cable shows repeat ad nauseum throughout the week, otherwise I'd be in trouble.