1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I download Tivo Desktop for PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by LostInTheTrees, Jan 15, 2014.

1. LostInTheTrees

LostInTheTrees New Member

Nov 1, 2013
    I've purchased Tivo DeskTop for PC and I got the email. Everywhere I look it says "Purchase and download Tivo Desktop ...". I cannot find the download anywhere. What is going on? Where is it?

There is a 2008 message almost identical to this with outdated info.

Tivo, really, this is bush league. I just spent over $1000 for a Roamio and lifetime and you can't get a simple thing like this right.

-Bob

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
  3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
  4. sneagle

sneagle Addicted Member TCF Club

Jun 11, 2002
    New York area
    Is there an update for the Roamio's?

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    An update for what? TiVo desktop works with the Roamios like it does with the Premieres.

6. LostInTheTrees

Nov 1, 2013
  7. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    there are four links on the page, and the last is for pc. dan's link goes directly to the pc software download.

8. LostInTheTrees

Nov 1, 2013
    This worked. It is apparently the most up to date version too. It beats me why Tivo does not make this link available.

-Bob

9. LostInTheTrees

Nov 1, 2013
    The fourth box contains 2 links to product details and one "Add to cart", no download.

-Bob

10. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    you get the download link after you pay... :)

11. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The only reason they started requiring people to pay is because Microsoft removed the codecs required to play .tivo files from Windows 8. Which meant there was no guarantee that users would have the codecs necessary for the free version to work completely. The paid version includes a complete set of codecs so it is guaranteed to work. On the plus side they cut the price of the paid version in half when they discontinued the free one. Given the license costs of the codecs they use (we use the same ones) I can tell you they're not making much money, if any, at that price.