1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are the refurb Elite / XL4 ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by farmermac, Jun 28, 2012.

1. farmermac

farmermac Recorder of shows

Jan 31, 2012
    I've never seen any elite or xl4 refurbs for sale. We all know plenty had been sent in for warranty work. So where is TiVo stashing them? I missed out on woot and wouldn't mind an elite in the $300 range.

2. poofy

poofy New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Be patient, the $299 deal will come back, sooner than later. Just keep your eyes and ears open. check out internet and this web site regularly.
    Do not bother with refurbish ones (they are not avail online anyways, my local best buy has them for 10% off $399 which is ridiculos), unless they are in the $150-200 range.

3. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    Have they even been out long enough to get a good supply of refurbished units? maybe if Tivo releases a new model the S4 will be cheap and the XL4 will be in the S4 current price point

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I got my first Elite at launch which was October 9th, 2011. So it's been out for close to nine months now.

5. poofy

poofy New Member

Jan 16, 2012
  6. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    The...
    in for one
    thx poofy!

7. farmermac

Jan 31, 2012
    Nice find! Calling TiVo this morning to see if they'll price match and ordering there if they wont. They told me they would price match authorized dealers no problem so we'll see

8. farmermac

Jan 31, 2012
    Poofy, thanks for the link. I ordered one from Electronics Expo.

The TiVo agent was super nice and wanted to help, but as usual their CS options are convoluted a bit. The price matching process in this case was to issue a credit after the first 30 days of activation have passed, but i have to call in to manually get the credit. No real guarantees on that, just notes on the account.

In addition to that, the box ships pre-activated so you lose the free 7 days of trial + it eats into the 30 days satisfaction guarantee.

9. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    The...
    thx for checking that out farmermac, i had the thought to try tivo but couldn't deal with the waiting.

eta, worth mentioning, it's $15 to ship, it comes from the northeast coast. they did say 'up to two days to ship'