1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to start Warehouse 13?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by WO312, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Jun 7, 2013 #1 of 17
    WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Need some opinions. I recently became aware of Warehouse 13 and I assume I will like it. I have all the season 4 episodes on my Tivo and the rest are available on Netflix. I really don't feel like watching 3 old seasons unless I really need to. So could I just start watching season 4, or will I miss a lot of back story?? If I need some back story, could I just watch SOME of the earlier stuff?

2. Jun 7, 2013 #2 of 17
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Just in case you care:

3. Jun 7, 2013 #3 of 17
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I think if you watch the first couple of episodes, you'll get the gist of the show. While there's usually a season back story, a lot of the episodes are self contained enough to enjoy without knowing it. Maybe watch the last couple of episodes of S2 and S3 to get where they are going for the next season.

And of course you can ask us about anything in the past in the ep threads.

4. Jun 7, 2013 #4 of 17
    kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    There is an long term story arc so it would help to watch from the beginning and it helps to get to know the characters. Each season ended with a bit of a cliffhanger as well. However I think you could get away with just watching the pilot, to know the major players, and then start with season three if you really don't want to start at the beginning.

5. Jun 7, 2013 #5 of 17
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    If you think you will like the show, why wouldn't you want to start at the beginning?

That's where I would start. While story arcs don't usually go beyond a year, characters pop in and out all the time.

6. Jun 7, 2013 #6 of 17
    Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    I don't understand this either, if you want to watch it, watch all of it, if you don't like it, delete it. Why not just start at the beginning?

"you don't feel like it?" Well then do something else.

7. Jun 7, 2013 #7 of 17
    WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Yes, I know. In fact it was that thread that made me aware of it and it piqued my interest.

I will start at the beginning, but probably just the first few episodes to get a feel for the main characters, as suggested. I have far too much other stuff to watch to want to watch all the seasons unless I would really miss out on a great story arc. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks all for the replies.

8. Jun 7, 2013 #8 of 17
    Lenonn

Lenonn Member TCF Club

May 30, 2004
    I definitely recommend just watching them all. Seasons one and three are only 12 episodes long and season two is only 13 episodes long.

The last few episodes of each season usually have a running storyline, so I wouldn't skip ahead. And even season one has at least one one-off episode where the character comes back in season four.

9. Jun 7, 2013 #9 of 17
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    W13 is worth the watch.

Which reminds me. I haven't watched this weeks episode yet.

10. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Okay but still doesn't make sense to me. If you are going to watch 10 episodes, watch from the beginning. Why forcefully jump in late?

11. kdmorse

kdmorse Active Member

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    One season lost it's magic, and bored me greatly. Then it picked up the next season and continued just fine. And no, I have no idea which season I'm thinking of.

So, if you hit a dull spot don't worry, it'll pick back up.

12. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    There's a lot of really fun stuff in the earlier episodes, I'd say that you're missing a lot of the better parts, the arc of how Claudia wound up in the warehouse is one that really is well done. Heck, if you skip those earlier seasons you miss all the awesome H.G. Wells arcs (pay close attention to the relationship between HG and Myka, yes it's what you think it is, and there's a reason it feels that way) They have done a ton of character growth over the years and as others have said they're short seasons. They used to spend more time on the artifacts and their history, I really liked that aspect.

If you think you'll enjoy it, you'll enjoy starting at the beginning.

13. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    O.K., I'm convinced. I'll watch the whole thing. Probably will take me a couple of months fitting it in, but at least it will be pretty continuous. Should stay fresher in my mind.

Just started watching the first season of Continuum and have seen 3 episodes. Enjoying it.

Also have watched the first 3 episodes of Vikings. Enjoying that also.

14. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Definitely watch until Claudia is settled at the Warehouse. Watch the first few episodes of season 3 when Jinks is introduced. I agree the HG Wells story is interesting.

15. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO
    This is definitely a lightweight show with heavy handed plot. Start where you want, yes you will miss a few background things - but it doesn't really make or break anything plot wise.

16. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Have watched the first 3 eps so far. Fun show - looks like it will be artifact-of-the week for sure. I'll just keep watching them in order since things are slower in the summer anyway. At one per night I'll be caught up sometime in July. Or August. Who cares? :)

17. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    There is always artifact of the week (usually more than one) but there are story arcs going on. A story per season plus character development stories.