1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Should Small Preview Be Visible?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by chrison600, Oct 6, 2013.

1. chrison600

chrison600 Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Hi all,

On my Roamio, it seems that the small preview screen is visible when viewing the guide and/or in TiVo Central. On my Mini, the preview screen is only visible when viewing the guide, NOT in TiVo Central. Is that normal?

Chris

2. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Yes, that's normal. The preview screen takes a tuner from the host anytime it is showing on the Mini, so going to TiVo Central from live-tv on the Mini will free up your live-tv tuner for other purposes. That seems quite useful, especially if you have several Minis.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Yes but even when watching a previously recorded show, when you hit the TiVo button the window disappears. I would prefer the Mini to behave like a regular TiVo and keep playing the recorded show or keep playing live TV in the window after hitting the TiVo button. I would like the experience with the Mini to be as close as possible to the experience of using a stand alone TiVo. But unfortunately it isn't because of the behavior of that preview window.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I think it would be more confusing to people if it did work for recordings but not live TV.

If they did add it then it would need to work for both. Wouldn't be a huge deal if they did though since the tuner times out after 90 minutes if there is no remote input. Plus you could still release it instantly if you went into the menu and pressed Slow to close the window.