1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a 2 tuner Premier XL worth?

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by Dan203, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Anyone know what a 2 tuner Premiere XL with lifetime is going for these days? I have an extra one and I'm trying to decide if it's worth selling or if I should give it to a family member.

2. Tivogre

Tivogre Active Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Springfield, VA
    From what unseeing, not much unless they are lifetimed. If so, they may be worth the lifetime fee you paid.

I have three of them that I can't bring myself to list on eBay and ship. They aren't even fetching the value of the 2tb drive inside them.

I also have an XL4 in the same situation - looks line it MIGHT get $100 - eBay fees.

I was hoping to get super cheap lifetime on them when I swapped them out for Roamios and minis, but no dice.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Mine has lifetime. I also have a 75 hour 2 tuner with lifetime that still has 2 years of a 3 year warranty left on it. I only need one. I was gonna sell then both and get a Mini, but I have one channel that I can only get OTA so I'm thinking about keeping one just for that. Although maybe that's a stupid reason to keep a TiVo that's losing value quickly.

4. drebbe

drebbe Carbon Blob

Apr 11, 2012
    Sector 7G
    I just sold an XL with lifetime on eBay for $400. Based upon the research I did on eBay prior to listing that was in the ballpark of what I was expecting ($385-$435)

5. gigaguy

gigaguy New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I want to replace my beginner 2 tuner 320g Premiere. It would be hard now to pay much for a any used Premiere. Maybe up to $100 for an XL4. With the Roamios better loaded and price drops being reported only a lifetime Premiere deal would be worth it. I saw a lifetime Premiere go for $350 ebay.

I'm hesitant to upgrade yet cause I think 2014 may see some new enticing options from new players in this market.