1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Watch Now annoyance

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by moyekj, Aug 26, 2013.

1. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The "What To Watch Now" access from My Shows screen is another annoying feature I'll never use that cannot be disabled AFAIK (TiVo seems to be fond of trying to tell me what I should be watching). Anyone found a way to get rid of it from My Shows screen? There's no option from Settings-Channels to get rid of it that I found.

2. oosik77

oosik77 TiVo Maniac

Nov 22, 1999
    Phoenix,...
    Really? You can't just scroll past it? It's not forcing you into it right? I guess it is one more press of the down arrow so I guess that's undue wear and tear on the remote?

3. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cary, NC
    It could be useful, if more screen real estate was used, and the images were bigger.

4. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Yes, REALLY.

It is F*****G annoying, and I totally agree with the original poster. Why should we have to scroll through that crap EVERY DAY when we don't want it. They already have the damn thing on the main menu, there is no need for it to be in "*MY* Shows" and I stress the *MY* part, because it is not a show, and it is not something I asked for.

Of course, the "HD Recordings" should go too, since it is totally useless, but that is another matter...

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Is it at the bottom with the apps? Or at the top? (haven't got my Roamio yet)

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Towards the bottom where YouTube, Netflix, etc. go if you have them enabled - but at least those you have the choice to disable if desired. As mentioned WTWN is already in TiVo Central so it just doesn't belong under My Shows. I figure it must be another Ad revenue generator of some sort since TiVo seems to be pushing it on us hard.

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    As long as it's at the bottom it won't really bother me.

8. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    I agree - it should not be on the My Shows screen.

9. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I can't imagine anyone who would think it DOES belong in My Shows.

10. yanasina

yanasina New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Just adding my expression of annoyance at this useless space waster.

11. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I do. But, I also think it should be configurable. It's like suggestions for live TV.

12. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I don't ever use it ANYWHERE. It's just another thing I have to scroll past from the topmost menu too.