1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is 'The Choice'?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Shaunnick, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    My wife and I are flipping channels the other day and came across this show that looked like a ripoff of 'The Voice.' We watch for a minute as four guys in rotating chairs listen to the 'talent' go on about how awesome or fun they are. Since the women who were auditioning had some obvious intellectual shortcomings we continued to flip channels.

Fast forward to today where I am in the break room at work when I see a promo for this show. Talks about Mike 'The Situation' being on the next episode. Huh?

What is the point of the competition? After the guys choose their picks, what do they do with them?

My best guess is this is a talent show rather than a singing competition, and maybe these guys run talent agencies for models or some-such. But then they have 'The Situation' on?

Can anyone feel me in?

2. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    The point is to get you and/or other viewers to tune in ;)

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    It's a dating show - the four guys in the chairs are celebrities (I think there will be one episode with women in the chairs and men as the potential dates). Each ends up with three possible dates, and then somehow they get whittled down to one each. Presumably, the "results" of the dates are shown the following week.

The whole point of the chairs is, it's meant to be a ripoff of "The Voice", which is NBC's answer to The X Factor and American Idol.

-- Don