1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Roamio Features should I know about?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rassi, Apr 4, 2014.

1. rassi

rassi Member

Jul 18, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I've been a long-time TiVo user - my first TiVo was a Series 1, and I've had several Series 2 boxes, and most recently, a TiVoHD. Just finally bit the bullet and bought a Roamio Plus. Got it set up and have been exploring. Looks like it might have a lot of neat features. For example, I discovered in the Opera store I could play "on demand" a bunch of the 1960's Speed Racer cartoons - really cool to a kid who grew up in the 80's... I found out while researching the Roamio that I could activate an MLB.tv subscription on it so I could watch the Chicago Cubs everyday - a great thing for this native of Chicago who now lives in Ohio.

What other features should I know about?

Is it possible to use any of the "on-demand" free channels that Time Warner offers (and show up in my list of channels) or do I need a "true" cablebox from them to be able to see those?

Any help in using our new Roamio to its full potential is appreciated!

2. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    There's no time warner app on TiVo for on demand, but I got a Roku which does have it. You can also use an xbox 360.

3. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    There is also a TWC app for Samsung Smart TVs. The TWC app doesn't just do on-demand, it will do live TV streamed over the internet as well.

4. rassi

rassi Member

Jul 18, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I have a Roku stick coming (due Sat) for their WWE app, so it's nice to know it will also do the Time Warner on-demand stuff.

Now I need to figure out how to get our TiVo to change the input for the TV. There was no code for our TV (a Proscan) so we had to use one of the "generic" codes (0990 I think). The input button on the remote works as MUTE now...

Anything else "built-in" to the Roamio I should know about that's cool???

5. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Try an RCA code for ProScan, that's the parent company.