1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What remote control came with which model?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by gweempose, Aug 31, 2013.

1. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm going to be selling my Series 3 boxes on Ebay in the next couple days. Since I use universal remotes throughout my home, I had stashed all the original remotes in a drawer years ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember which remote came with which model. Does anyone have a photo of the remote that came with the original S3s (the ones with the OLED screen on the front)? I also need a photo of the remote that came with the THD XL. Thanks!

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    My 2 S3 OLED's came with the original Glo Remote with the 1-2 switch (C00210 - SPCA -01003-000 in the battery compartment) and silver surround. The silver on my original ones was dull but I have some later ones that had a chrome or shiny silver surround.

Scott

3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    According to tivopedia.com (they have photos), the OLED S3, the TCD648250(B) came with the (more expensive) TiVoGlo, as did the S3 HD XL, the TCD658000, while their description of the remote for the S3 HD, the TCD652160, is a bit confusing, but apparently it was regular 1-2 switch Peanut remote, possibly black, and maybe the button below the little TV input button is labeled Aspect instead of Window.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    The remotes for your Premiere and Roamio Tivos have the colored A B C D buttons, so you'll want to keep those, otherwise it makes no difference at all which tivo you sell with which remote.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The ones that came with the S3 OLED looked like this...

[​IMG]