1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Upgrade offer?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by innocentfreak, Mar 3, 2010.

1. innocentfreak

innocentfreak New Member

Aug 25, 2001
    It looks like the upgrade offers are live. Since all of my TiVo HDs are lifetime, they are offering $200 off the cost of lifetime. Of course it turns out this is a new lifetime membership so you actually pay $199 for lifetime.

I think TiVo messed up with this. If I upgrade and select monthly, my offer is 9.95 or the same it would be if I bought retail since I have 3 TiVos already. The yearly rate is $99 which is also the same if I bought monthly. It looks like lifetime is the only real offer at $100 off.

There is also a feedback link for Tivo with regards to the upgrade offers.
    Upgrade Feedback
  2. Johnwashere

Johnwashere New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    $200 of lifetime for old first old tivo and $239 for my Tivo HD. I was all ready to buy(for $239) but it wants me to start paying $10 a mo this my current tivo and then this new tivo! :( I want to keep my old $7 a mo plan!
  3. innocentfreak

innocentfreak New Member

Aug 25, 2001
    I assume you first Tivo has lifetime already then. For the Tivo HD it definitely sounds like it would be better to buy from BB or Amazon and just replace the TSN. Is $239 the cost they are offering lifetime or for the unit?
  4. Johnwashere

Johnwashere New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    I wouldnt mind having 3 tivos know. My very old one is lifetime. I just want the new one to also have 6.99 rate. But yea, I will probably just buy from amazon and replace the tsn. :(
  5. chrishicks

chrishicks Tivo Junkie

Dec 30, 2003
    My upgrade offer is the same: $200.00 off Lifetime.

Funny thing is if you do the "compare your current Tivo with the new..." section. They chose to leave out that the S3 is THX certified just like the Premiere XL and that it also came with the Glo remote.

6. tivohaydon

tivohaydon New Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Just checked... No upgrade offer for me.

I don't have lifetime but from what I read it sounded like I might have been eligible for a hardware discount. Guess not!
  7. mattyice11

mattyice11 New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    My lifetime box has the $200 off offer that everyone else has. My non-lifetime box has a $239 hardware offer on the premiere and $399 on the XL.
  8. willv28

willv28 New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    No upgrade offer for me, I go monthly with my TiVo HD.
  9. StuffOfInterest

StuffOfInterest New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    McLean, Virginia, USA
    My lifetime S2DT (upgraded from a S1 lifetime just under three years ago) is offered $299 for the hardware and $200 off for lifetime.
  10. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    My Series 3 has the 20% offer ($240 or $400). It's out of contract, month-to-month.
  11. Aero 1

Aero 1 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    i also have the 199 life offer (and get to keep the existing life HD which is good). does anyone know if the offer is only valid for units bought through Tivo, or can i get one at amazon and still have the offer?
  12. oViTynoT

oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I got: 25% off hardware, and FREE lifetime service! (WHA HOO!)

Just kidding.. Only 20% of hardware. I don't have Lifetime on my S3, so all I get is the pitch for MultiService Discount. But I'm not sure I want to keep my S3 live, so I don't see what the pricing is without that discount.
  13. TomJHansen

TomJHansen New Member

Nov 6, 2000
    Mesa, AZ, USA
    I have four S2 Tivos and would love to be tempted to upgrade - but the upgrade deal isn't that great because of the monthly fee change (from %6.95 to 9.99). I wonder if it's time to finally bite the bullet and go product lifetime? Anyone got a feel if this new version means Tivo will be around past the 3 years to break even on the cost of product lifetime? Also, how long have they been offering service contracts? That seems like a no-brainer for Tivo (for a non-technical user). It makes it easier to compete with the HD cable box (of which I've exchanged three in two years). I will probably wait until you can get the new remote. Also noticed you can't pre-order the new wireless adapter yet.
  14. jaybird13

jaybird13 New Member

Nov 6, 2005
    I got the $200 offer for both my Lifetime'd Single Tuners, and the 20% on my Dual Tuner - whose 3-year contract expires in May. Nothing for my TiVo HD, whose contract expires in September.

Since I've been looking for something to replace the Dual Tuner when its contract is up, I used the $200 lifetime offer! Wonder if they'll charge me $500 before it ships????
  15. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    All three of mine (Phillips 212 [S1], S2 Single Tuner, and HD -- all product lifetime) all have the identical offer: $300 for Premiere, $500 for Premiere XL, and $200 off product lifetime.
  16. i2k

i2k Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Series 3 and HD that I have both have lifetime.. so I have retail for the boxes (BS!) and "$200" off the new life time rate of $399!
  17. blacknoi

blacknoi New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    How long are these upgrade offers valid until? I might want to take advantage in 2 or 3 months, based on the feedback of the new units.
  18. prisk

prisk New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My offer is $299 for the Premier (which is $0 off) and $200 off Lifetime (for my Series 2 with Lifetime). Blah! This is not a deal. They had a better offer on the TiVo HD and HD XL. Guess I will wait for them to offer that $100 Lifetime transfer like they did when the Series 3 came out. Or for the price to drop. Or for them to put the HD back up on their site for sale. Tried calling TiVo this morning but hung up after 10 minutes on hold.

Interestingly, if I take them up on the deal the old Series 2 with lifetime is worth about $150 on ebay.

Finally got a hold of TiVo. They said that they are no longer offering the HD and HD XL, but they do have some refurbished ones in stock.
  19. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    If you upgrade a unit on lifetime to a premier with lifetime, you lose the lifetime on the original?
  20. alarson83

alarson83 Member

Oct 27, 2009
    West Des Moines, IA
    No upgrade offer for me. I just got my S3 in october.. an upgrade offer wouldve been nice..