1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is TX & RX PHY rate on mini?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by marklyn, Feb 13, 2014.

1. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    On the Tivo mini, under the network status I see two Peer Node MAC addresses with various settings/readings under each.
    The first one has TX RX rates (both) of around 270-280
    The second set has TX rates around 249 and RX around 65.
    The packets with errors on the second set have 7 errors but no errors on the first set at the top.

What do these readings mean exactly?
    Better yet, if anyone has any info on any of these readings, I'd appreciate know what they mean.

I'm wondering if they have anything to do with all of the V87 errors I'm getting on both of my mini's tonight, when I've never had these errors before.

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I don't know much about what the numbers mean except that any number under 100 may be a problem.

3. webcrawlr

webcrawlr New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    PHY rate is your MoCA connection quality and speed. Anything over 200 and you're golden.

4. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    so because there are two sets of peer mode readings, does that account for both of my mini's?

5. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO
    On one of my minis, it says PHY rates TX of 280 RX 280, then there is another node 264, 278 respectively. Is that a second mini, or are there two nodes PER mini?

6. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    No, a Mini would not be two separate nodes. Each MoCA device on your network will appear as one node. For example: On my network I have a Roamio Plus, 2 Minis, and a MoCA adapter at my router, so I have 4 nodes total.

7. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

Jan 14, 2002
    SFO

thanks, and is there anywhere on the main roamio where one can see this information? I can only see it on the minis.

8. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Settings & Messages > Settings > Network > View network status

9. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Does not work if that TiVo is the bridge to MoCA, you get message MoCA not up or running, a TiVo glitch that does not create any problem that I know of.