1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the yellow triangle Xfinity OnDemand

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by kbmb, Oct 2, 2013.

1. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    For Xfinity OnDemand on my Roamio......what is the yellow triangle next to the show name suppose to represent?

[​IMG]

I would guess it would be that the show is expiring soon....but as you can see from the photo, the triangle is on one of the newest shows, the one from last night.

I hope Tivo adds in the expire date to the Xfinity app, like you can see on the Comcast boxes. It stinks on Tivo to not know how long the show will be there.

-Kevin

Attached Files:

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I can only answer from my experience. Yes, it means that the show is expiring "soon". However, I don't know how often "soon" is. (Sometimes it seems like it's within the next day, sometimes it sits there for a week... on different shows that is)

I think all of this info is human-entered, and thus sometimes wrong. For example, I've seen shows list as ~45 minutes but were really an hour.. and they play fully too..

One reason why "new" shows might expire soon is to add the version with fewer commercials. I've noticed this both with NBC shows and with Comedy Central shows (e.g. Daily Show, Colbert). They have the 'full' episode, with commercials, the day after air. But a few days later, close to a week at most AFAIK, they replace it with a version with VERY few commercials. The NBC shows you still can't FF, but it has fewer commercials.

3. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Interesting theory. I noticed on that New Girl episode from last night....we watched it tonight and it had a lot of commercials (it was listed as the full 30 minutes) and some of the commercials promoted The Mindy Project as on tonight (which was last night).

So you might be right....they quickly post the show and then strip some commercials from it. Maybe that's why this one has the yellow triangle.

I'll have to check tomorrow out of curiosity.

-Kevin

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Again, it might not be quite that soon.. Keep checking every day or two.. Of course, it will eventually disappear, depending on how many episodes they keep around.