1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the version number on cable card (Verizon) that I want?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by BlackBetty, Jan 31, 2014.

1. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    I'm getting a roamio pro next week. Upgrading from premiere 2 tuner model. I remember awhile back reading about issue with older cable cards not working correctly with the roamio 6 tuner units.

Thanks!

2. Tivogre

Tivogre Active Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Springfield, VA
    Part number 514517-017-00 I think the 017 is the critical part for 5-6 tuner operation.

3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I don't think Verizon had a 5/6 tuner problem. I never did anyway.

They had an issue with macroblocking on copy-protected channels when using older cablecards, which was resolved a few updates ago. It no longer matters which card you get. Issue resolved.

But their automated activation often doesn't pair cards correctly. If the card is activated but not paired, you'll have to contact them and request a "manual validation" or "manual re-validation" on the card to get HBO/Max working.

4. caughey

caughey Member

May 26, 2007
    Orange County
    As BigJim says, the issue that required the 017 card is supposed to have been fixed, so you could use the card from your premiere if you aren't keeping it active. If you're getting a new card anyway, might as well ask for the 017.

The "manually validate" part is key if you're having issues. The FiOS guy had about given up when I found those magic words in TiVoMarget's post. I literally copied and pasted them into the chat window and a couple minutes later it was fixed. Maybe the quoted part is one of their menu options.

Have fun with your new Roamio!

5. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Thanks! You guys are awesome.