1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is causing the Automatic Shut off?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by javabird, Mar 5, 2014.

1. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    New Roamio Pro owner here, trying to get used to the smaller remote. I must be hitting something on the remote that is making my TV shut off, but I can't figure out what it is. Suddenly I see on the TV a message "Shutting off in 3 minutes" and a count down, then at the end the TV shuts off. I can't figure out how to disable it (and I don't know what I hit to activate it)!

Anyone have any ideas? I have a Panasonic TV.

2. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I'd look thru your TV (not TiVo) menu settings to see if there is some sort of inactivity timeout that is turning off your TV to save power. Nothing on the TiVo remote would trigger this.

3. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Some tv's have an auto-shut off if they think there is no signal and/or after a certain timeframe of no activity. The roamio's remote is not IR, so the tv isnt seeing any remote activity and is trying to shut off

I have a panansonic plasma and it has these functionalities... You'll need to look through the tv's menus to adjust the settings.

4. RichieR

RichieR New Member

Dec 19, 2013
    That's what the problem was from my mom's setup. I had to change it under menu/setup/ECO power saving

5. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Thank you! I looked through my TV settings and didn't realize that was turned on.