1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is C & De

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sssteven61, Aug 10, 2012.

1. sssteven61

sssteven61 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    What Is C & De Mean Iam Not Familiar With That Could Someone Please Help Me Out

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Clear and Delete Everything, done through the Restart menu option. It essentially returns the system to initial configuration, losing all recordings, season passes and settings.

3. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would add don't do it unless you have too, takes a long time.

4. sssteven61

sssteven61 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    ITS A SAMSUNG SIR 4040 DVR I CLEARED AND DELETED EVERYTHING AND TRYED ALL THESE STEPS PEOPLE R SAYING IN THESE FORUMS AND IT STILL FREEZES AT 78 PERCENT IN THE FINAL STEP AND IT WONT WORK I PUT A HARD DRIVE FROM A HUGHES SD DVR 40 IN IT AND IT WORKS JUST FINE EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT IT WONT RECORD WHY WONT IT RECORD ANYBODY KNOW WHY AND IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE IT WORK AND WHY IS THE SAMSNG STILL FREEZING UP PLEASE HELP ME OUT

5. sssteven61

sssteven61 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    WHAT DO U ADD WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT ITS A SAMSUNG SIR 4040 DVR AND IT FREEZES EVERYTIME IN THE FINAL STEP ACQUIERING INFORMATION FROM THE SATELITE AND WONT DO NOTHING JUST FREEZES PUT I PUT A HARD DRIVE FROM A HUGHES SD DVR 40 IN IT AND IT WORKS GREAT JUST WONT RECORD SO U GOT ANY ANSWERS FOR THAT WELL THANK U MUCH

6. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Perhaps you should look at that stuck caps lock key?

The reason the disk from the Hughes doesn't record is because the disk is "locked" to the box it came from. The Clear and Delete Everything resets that.

7. sssteven61

sssteven61 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    IT STILL WONT RECORD WHAT DO I DO NOW HOW DO I GET TO THE STUCK CAP LOCK KEY THAT U R TALKING ABOUT THANK U VERY MUCH

8. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    He's talking about the Caps Lock key on your keyboard. Posting in all caps is considered the same as shouting and is quite rude. You might also want to use full words instead of abbreviated texting slang.

9. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just stated a fact, you did not say what problem was. NOW I could care less.

10. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Maybe it won't record because of lack of a subscription?

That's just a guess, I'm not familiar with those models.

Also, do you mean it won't record onto the hard drive, or it won't record from the hard drive onto a DVD?

11. sssteven61

sssteven61 New Member

Aug 10, 2012

12. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    From PM's it appears he is unable to record because he can't download guide data. He is using a magicjack, anyone know how to turn down modem speed or what ever needs to be done for a Samsung SIR 4040.

13. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
  14. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    No, the Samsung SIR4040 does not support networking. It does require one phone call into the TiVo servers in order to activate recording - after that the phone line can be disconnected.

15. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    The stock unit doesn't support networking, but it can be easily hacked to support it unless something in the latest software prevents it.

16. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Even if you hack it to support networking, that will not suffice to avoid making the activation call over a phone line.

17. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The OP doesn't know what a Caps Lock key is. I highly doubt they will be hacking anything.