Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by chrispitude, Dec 24, 2013.
Try exiting before you catch up to live TV. That is what I usually do.
Periodically, the HDUI gets "stuck" or is slow to populate. An HDUI reset always seems to clear it up. Also, if something is recording and you bring up the guide when it is on the the channel that is recording, there is a bit of jitter. Not deal breakers but noticeable.
While in TiVo Central HDUI, hit thumbs down, thumbs up, play, play. You'll get a "ding" and the HDUI will disappear briefly, "reset", and reappear.
HazelW is correct. This has definitely happened to me for partially watched shows that I previously watched from the My Shows list. And, it is random - sometimes the show resumes, sometimes it restarts from the beginning.
These won't bother those who never had them - but my Harmony still has these programmed from my old Tivos..
- Now Playing List button on the remote no longer works.. Worked in the my Elite and Mini.. (To bring up my shows list) - Tivo*2 is slower!
-The STOP button. Used to be able to stop a program and get delete menu.. Instead you hit Tivo button and depending how far you are into the program, you may get the menu.
No Watch Live TV in roamio UI... 'have' to use remote button..
It's really annoying that my XL4/Elite, Roamio and Mini UI's are all slightly different!! e.g. no CLEAR on mini either!
Cmon tivo! lets get some consistency!
What do you mean no Watch Live TV? That still works on my Harmony remote. They were programmed in back when the S3 was out. Live TV on my Harmony will do the same thing as the Live TV button on the Roamio Remote.
I've had the Roamio for a day and already think the mainscreen needs some trimming and simplifying and organizing.
What's with "What to watch Now" and "Find TV, Movies and Video" being 2 separate major options on the main screen?
Then can we hide the Apps&Games folder? How many are digging into that box every day? Put that on the top shelf in the closet in the basement bedroom.
Same with Music and Photos.
Do I have to see all the services I will never use when I scroll to the bottom of MY Shows?
Tivo needs to dump the "list-ee-ness" feel of its UI. It's 2014 and it feels outdated.
WMC displays folders and shows in a much more eye pleasing way. It uses the whole screen. There isn't much clutter. It shows nice big thumbnail stills of the shows besides the name of each show or episode. It's not a text list.
Tivo's main screen, feels like someone took DOS and then put a video PIP window in the top right corner and a context sensitive information PIP screen in the bottom right corner. Tivo needs to dump "DOS" in favor of "Windows" sorta speak.
1. Ability to adjust transition speed on the menus
2. Ability to pause your active tuner and have it actually pause a decent amount of time with option to add more. Many of us are sitting on huge hard drives with 30-50% utilization
3. The voice / video cut out when hitting tivo button from live tv or going back to live from menu
4. Ability to record season pass for new shows coming in the future. D* has this feature and they use a place holder which then converts to the season pass when guide data is available. That way you don't have to wait until 10 days before it airs to set up a pass. When you see that commercial a month before you can set it up and it will convert when the guide data is available.
5. D* also has the ability to hit a key like thumbs up during a commercial to automatically set up a recording for the show in question with a pop up box to indicate. Kind of neat.
6. Hit record from guide and not have to answer questions. Just record the stupid thing. Hit record twice and it does a season pass. If you want to change defaults hit select and do it that way.
7. convert the remaining SD menus
8. Cache the icons for music & photos / apps & games etc so they load instantly
9. Allow me to set a season pass for multiple channels. Season pass for family guy, shows it airs on Toon, fox, and TBS. Let me check the box next to the channels I want to record off of so I don't have to enter 3 season passes.
10. Add section under Find TV which lists new shows coming. New seasons starting up, new shows starting from scratch etc.
11. record menus could be stream lined to not need to change pages when doing things you change screens too often sometimes when setting stuff up when it only needs to expand the menu some to fit everything on a single page and consolidate stuff.
You hit guide then select, screen pops up, hit season pass you get essentially the same stupid screen again (this can be removed), hit get season pass Then options, changes screen again (could just bring you to the options screen with default being record as default already selected)
They can cut almost half of that without losing any functions or cluttering.
12. Same thing in My shows. There is MORE then enough space to consolidate the My Shows screen when you enter a program group and the subsequent "info" screen with the option to play / delete.
Currently when you highlight the episode you get the giant DISCOVERY BAR up top and the Listing of episodes under the group. They could remove the discovery bar, shrink the show list slightly and put the show info up top with the play, delete, expore etc from the next page on the right. No reason to have the entire extra screen in that menu it all fits on the previous screen its just inefficient and the discovery bar takes up so much space.
3, 6, 9,11, and 12 definitely things I noticed the 1st day. There is too many button presses and sub-menus and rendundant choices. It's really apparent to me because I just came from WMC and even still have that setup and it is much streamlined and pleasing looking in nearly every respect.
oh and 10 is a good idea if isn't already an option.