1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the main apps? Gone..

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by adidino, Dec 4, 2013.

1. adidino

adidino New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    I'm aware Tivo was experiencing some technical issues yesterday evening and their service was down. I noticed this morning that Netflix, Youtube and Hulu are not longer under the 'Find TV, Movie and Videos' menu.

Were they removed? I can still access Youtube and Netflix via DIAL from my ipad but no access to them from the Tivo interface.

Any ideas on what happened? I haven't seen other posts on this so I'm assuming it's not widespread.

Tony

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Did you try making sure they are still checked under Settings/Channels/Video Providers? Maybe try unchecking and checking them back.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I just went to check on my Roamio Pro and saw the usual items there and then my Roamio spontaneously rebooted. Won't be surprised to see the items gone following the reboot...

4. npoffenb

npoffenb New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    I did as Rainwater suggested...they were checked. I unchecked, navigated back out to MyShows, and then went back in and re-checked the ones I wanted. They are now appearing at the bottom of the My Shows list, as before.

I am 98% positive that I have ALWAYS had MLB and some of the others unchecked, so it's strange to me that they were checked along with the others when I first went in.

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    After the service outage yesterday, all of mine became checked as I normally only have Netflix and Youtube enabled. For some reason the service outage reset those settings for me.

6. siratfus

siratfus New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Hmm.. my service just went active a few minutes ago. I thought maybe things are just slowly trickling in, but I guess there is a problem. I don't see any of netflix, hulu, amazon logos. I went to the Video Provider setting as suggested above and the whole page is blank. It says to choose providers I want but there is NOTHING to choose.

7. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    For a new TiVo, it can take a few hours for those apps to show up.

8. siratfus

siratfus New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Yeah, you're right, everything is good this morning. :)

9. siratfus

siratfus New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    This question should probably stay here instead of starting a new thread. So everything seems to be working fine, all the movie apps are here. But I'm curious in the BROWSE TV & MOVIES <COLLECTIONS.. it keeps saying "There is a problem displaying collections. Please try again later."

What is this?