1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to my Amazon on demand?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Pinster56, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Pinster56

Pinster56 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    When I go to my video on demand, the Amazon video option is gone! What happened to it? I can no longer rent Amazon movies, or access my purchased movies! Does anyone know how I can access them now?

2. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    What model TiVo do you have?

You can always use the web browser on pc/tablet to log into Amazon.com and as long as you link your TiVo account to Amazon, you can push content to your TiVo. Transfers are faster this way anyhow.

Are you sure it's missing on your tivo?

3. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    If you have a premiere, turn on HD menus, it has been reported the SD doesn't show netflix and such since the last update.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Restart your tivo.

5. Pinster56

Pinster56 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks for your reply. My Amazon account is linked to our Series 3 HD TiVo, and has been for years. I see Netflix and Hulu, but no Amazon. I will try a restart and see what happens, but I am skeptical.

6. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Also try unlinking/relinking your device on the Amazon site.

7. bschuler2007

bschuler2007 Frustrated owner

Feb 25, 2007
    On non-HD menus with my Premieres it seems I am missing a lot of the old web content too. You get a "Network error" when trying to access Youtube, etc.. switch to HD and it works. My only guess so far is it is some sort of punishment for not accepting the HD menus. You can still send content from a computer/phone, etc.. but not get it directly from the SD Menus.

Found this thread as I am searching to see if others reported the same issues.