1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What external HDTV tuner should I use?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Brian Kendig, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Brian Kendig

Brian Kendig New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I am ditching Comcast (good riddance!) and switching to an HDTV antenna. However, I still have one analog TV connected to a Series 2 TiVo, and it looks like there's not a very good selection of digital tuners available these days.

What tuner would you recommend for me to connect a Series 2 TiVo to an HD antenna?

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    :rolleyes: There is no such thing....

3. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    You want a digital converter, not a digital tuner. Try a Google search and see what you come up with.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
  5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    My S2 540 is connected to an APEX box.

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    That's not what Best Buy wants you to believe. ;)

7. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I'm almost scared to enter a Best Buy again. Have you seen any of the YouTube videos of their "pregame" rituals? I'm afraid that they'd want to use me as a human sacrifice to the Consumer Gods. :eek:

8. Brian Kendig

Brian Kendig New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Okay, I ordered a used Zenith DTT901 from eBay for $30. Thank you very much for the help!

9. ShayL

ShayL Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Plus it is such a pain to get out the door if you happen to purchase something. I shouldn't have to prove I purchased an item.

10. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I'm all 4 the receipt at the door check if it keeps prices down.

At lunch today I stopped by a Best Buy to pick up a cheep thumb drive for the one I forgot this morning. The police followed me in it appears that there was a family of 5 and each member was trying to walk out with a unpaid item the youngest was probably 6 years old and had an Best Buy bag with several DVD's or Games. The Father tried to walk out with a good sized TV I guess that set off the alarm because the receipt checker normally is not there at noon during the week.

Sorry to be off-topic just seemed too coincidental not to share.