1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you prefer: callsigns or network logos?

Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by bkdtv, Jan 10, 2009.

I prefer:

1. Call signs (ex: KPIXDT)

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Logos (ex: CBS HD)

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    TiVo Search currently uses channel numbers and call-signs exclusively. You will not find a channel or network logo anywhere in TiVo Search.

Do you prefer callsigns like KPIXDT? Or would you rather TiVo display SD and HD network logos instead? If you want to see small channel logos, where would you like to see them? And/or do you want them to replace just the call sign, or the channel number and the call sign?

Below is the current screen and one possible example.

Current TiVo press screenshot:

[​IMG]

Two altered shots with channel logos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spire

Spire WAS PHONE

Jun 6, 2001
    Everywhere...
    I'd like it to show both.

3. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
  4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Call signs (as it is now) - this application has way too many graphics already slowing things down.

5. MoryWoW

MoryWoW New Member

Jun 13, 2008
    I prefer to see the channel number and the channel logo, as shown in example 3. As long as the station call sign is still listed in the info screen, I'm a happy camper. :D

6. ciper

ciper New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Add the option for both ;)

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Some channels (at least in my lineup) don't even have network logos so that wouldn't be a viable option to replace call signs right now anyway.

8. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    The current TiVo software lacks logos for many networks, and even the logos it does have would not be suitable for HD search, because they are in such low resolution. This thread assumes that TiVo would add new logos for these channels.

One would hope that a final version of this application would store as many images locally as possible, eliminating the need to pull images from remote servers.

Call signs can't be completely replaced because some independent stations don't have logos available anywhere. So the question is really whether to substitute the appropriate logo for them, when available.