1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WGN schedule info in Portland OR is screwy

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Papageno, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:51 PM.

Tags:
  1. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Specifically, I'm trying to record episodes (or repeats) of their original series Underground (re: the "Underground Railroad" that helped enslaved people escape northward to Canada in the pre-Civil War US).

In Portland Oregon, anyway, what's happening is that the schedule indicates that shows on that channel are playing 3 hours before they actually do, as though we were getting the East Coast feed live here in the west (with West Coast times per the schedule) but we're not.

As a result, if I want to watch the repeat tonight that appears on the schedule at 7 PM local time, I need to manually set it to record two episodes of How I Met Your Mother at 10 and 10:30 (per the schedule). Needless to say that makes setting up a OnePass impossible.

I'm on a 2010-vintage Premiere (2 tuners) BTW.

What to do? Complain to Comcast? To TiVo?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 1:57 PM
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You could start here: https://www.tivo.com/lineup.html

I checked my schedule and that program is on 10pm, 11pm, 12am and 1am.

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    You could try, if you would like, from TiVo's VP for Product Development & Chief Design Officer, Margret Schmidt's post here:
    Also, TiVo has a report page: Report a Lineup Issue.

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    This might not be related, but even though I can see the program in my guide, it indicates no upcoming episode when I select the program.

5. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Well that's a strange one. I'm pretty sure that Season 2 Episode 3 is supposed to run at 10 PM Eastern on Wednesday (and it'll run here at that local time even though the schedule last time I checked said it would record at 7 PM Pacific).

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's always struck me that my lineup isn't 100% right, even though I'm a Comcast subscriber in a fairly large city, because every once in a while the TiVo will decide to record a suggestion that's on a channel that I don't actually receive (I get Digital Starter--which is essentially what they used to call Expanded Basic in most markets) and it's just recording a black screen. When I set it up I entered the right zip code and everything, so I don't know what gives.

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You can get a second opinion by using tvguide.com or tv.com since they both use the Rovi guide. For 99% accuracy, I suggest Screener that still uses Nielson (Gracenote) data. When our guide data shifted last year, my headend or provider in System Information became a site that hasn't existed for four years. So I ran a guided setup on one Roamio using the zipcode of my local cable office.

It's not the first time I have seen no episodes found in a search. It is the first time when that has happened for a program with what looks like correct metadata. You could call your local office and ask about zipcodes that have the same lineup nearby. The headend can be identified by the number of your VCT ID. That determines your lineup.

7. rjspring

rjspring Member

Jul 16, 2008
    It is likely because the Tivo WGN feed in your channel guide is the East Coast feed (does your channel guide list WGN-E or East)? I had this happen with several channels over here in Central Oregon and had to open a support ticket... just don't hold your breath on how fast the turn around time is for it to be fixed. This is a tivo issue, not a comcast isssue.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    In my guide, WGNAmerHD is how it's displayed. I guess there is no font small enough to allow inclusion of the -E or -W.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 2:05 PM
  9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just noticed that something happened to get all programs indexed. A Search will find them all.

10. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    FYI all, that email address for Margaret Schmidt is no longer valid. I reported the issue through the web page: now to grow old(er) while I wait for a resolution. ;-)

11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Have you tried a Search again? They work on my Roamio now. Maybe a forced connection too?

But I'm on EDT, so that doesn't help.

12. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks. Just to double-check, were you using the correct spelling of her name in her email address ("Margret")? She still listed margret@tivo.com in her recent email here, 2 weeks ago.

20.7.1 Release Notes

13. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    No, I didn't try a search, although I don't really understand why that would help the situation I'm in of a schedule that appears to be shifted three hours early vs. the actual time the shows run. But it wouldn't hurt to try.

14. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    You're right, I probably just used the standard spelling of Margaret, so I'll try again.

15. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    And I got a reply today saying the change had been made, and I should see it within 72 hours. Yay!

16. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Sometimes, life even works! ;)

17. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Well, we'll see if it actually happens, but yeah.