1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westinghouse 50" LCD and Tivo remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rch1, Jan 7, 2013.

1. rch1

rch1 New Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I used code 0238 to program my Tivo remote for Westinghouse CW50T9XW 50-inch LCD HDTV (on sale last Black Friday).

The good news is the remote works for all the buttons that should work: power, volume, mute, etc.

The bad news is some buttons on remote have "dual-action" on Tivo and on the TV.
    For example, FF starts fast forward in Tivo, but also kicks TV into setup. Number "2" works for the Tivo as intended, but also drops me into input selection on the TV. 30-second skip button toggles through screen fit modes on the TV (Standard/Fill/Overscan).

I found a few references to this, e.g. www fixya com support t15315354-westinghouse_tv_goes_setup_when_tivo but suggestions there did not work.

I would prefer to continue using the Tivo remote. Is it possible without the "side effects"?

2. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Do you use a soundbar or other sound system other than the TV itself? If so, I would just cover the IR receiver on the TV.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca