1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well one Tivo mght be going back

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ajwees41, May 17, 2012.

1. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    Seems one Tivo that was listed by a seller on Amazon as not having a subscription does have subscription, so can't add it to my account. probably cost more to ship it back and wait for the seller to refund my money and order another tivo.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    If you bought this from the Amazon storefront you should be talking to them, and I would expect they will make good on it -- at no cost (and no shipping cost) to you.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Nonsense. Who said that you can't have it added to your account?

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    It depends on what happened with the box and ownership. I have an old S2 box that can't be added to any account. It's dead as far as TiVo is concerned and cannot be added on any account unless it is the original owner.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    The OP said it has a subscription

6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What kind of subscription?

If it's Product Lifetime Service and the owner sold it to you, you now own a TiVo with PLS.

Call TiVo customer service, give them the TiVo Service Number off of the sticker on the back and tell them you bought it and to add it to your account.

You might have to tell them from whom you bought it, their address, etc.

If it's not PLS, then when they quit making the monthly payments, it won't be subscribed anymore.

7. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    actually it's tied to an account not subscribed.