1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the Buyer/Seller Area

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by Peter Redmer, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Peter Redmer

Peter Redmer New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Hello TCF members and visitors! Welcome to the buyer/seller area. This is the place to go if you want to discuss selling or buying TiVo gear from other members of the site, outside of popular auction or other online marketplaces.

As such, CAVEAT EMPTOR. This forum area is merely a conduit for discussion, and any deals you make with another member thus are not part of TiVoCommunity or any official transaction, and are a personal decision on your part, executed outside of the forum.

Spammers will not be tolerated, and we expect that you will all behave :) We also expect that, in general, items discussed here will be TiVo related.

2. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    A suggestion based on dealing at other forums: Make it so only members with a certain post count can post into this area. This will keep autobot spammers and newbies from posting garbage. On one forum I am on, you have to have 10 posts to respond in the buy/sell area, and you need 250 posts on another forum I am on.

3. Peter Redmer

Peter Redmer New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    I've set it to 15 -- wasn't sure if that was too high, but we'll see how it works, or if a higher limit is needed.

EDIT: and thanks for the tip, too :)

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Now if only you could enable those with high comment counts to do something more severe to spammers than merely report them. :)