1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird multiple showings glitch

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Rob Helmerichs, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    This has happened a couple of times recently, and I'm not sure if it's new behavior or just something that hasn't come up before. A show with multiple showings (in this case, The Americans) suddenly decides to record all showings. I cancel the extra ones. TiVo then deletes the original showing that I left in the To Do List, apparently because it thinks I don't want to see it since I canceled it once.

Which means my only options are to clutter up my Now Playing with multiple incidents of an episode, or cancel the extras, wait for the original to vanish, and re-schedule it manually.

And this seems to be becoming a problem, because lately there have been a number of occasions where TiVo is suddenly scheduling all of a show, even though the Guide Data clearly shows that they're all the same episode.

What's up with that?

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Does History say anything useful? While I admit it won't help, in weird situations like this, I have seen a wrong explanation, e.g. it might say the signal was lost when it really wasn't, or no longer in guide or something.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It said "Duplicate." Which doesn't really make sense, but then the whole thing doesn't really make sense.

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Well, that sort of fits with my "when it's confused, it gives a nonsensical reason in History" theory.. which, as I said, won't really help anything.