1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wedding Band, 11-10-2012, Pilot

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Thom, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Thom

Thom Active Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Whittier,...
    I liked it. Looking forward to next episode.

2. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I enjoyed it too. It is on my SP. The guys played well off of each other, but were way better (and cuter) than any live wedding band I have seen.

3. Lillian Nyx

Lillian Nyx Queen of Swords

Jun 26, 2012
    I was surprised at how much I liked it. Better than I expected. I set up to record the series.
    I was amused to see Bree Turner (Rosalee on Grimm) in the ep. I wonder if she's been absent on Grimm due to filming this show.

4. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Excellent for a pilot and very funny. SP set. My only gripe would be the Jack Black wannabe. Tone him down a bit.

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I actually checked to see that it wasn't him. Reminded me of Black in School of Rock.

6. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Didn't know anything about it until this thread, so I checked it out.

I almost turned in off right at the beginning because I really thought that was Jack Black. And I really, really, really can't stand him. But then they zoomed in and I saw it wasn't him, so I put down the remote.

I really liked it, SP set.

Nice seeing Jan from The Office on there, she cracks me up.

I like the pace of the show too.

When they were going to play a long song while waiting for the bride, the first one I thought of was In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, which is over 17 minutes long.

And then I thought of Freebird, which is over 9 minutes long. I would always select that one on the digital jukeboxes. It was like getting 3 songs for the price of one.

What song were they actually playing?

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Jan. Right. I knew I knew who that woman was but couldn't place her.

I couldn't exactly tell what they were playing - I thought-Gadda-da-vidda because that's one that Bart Simpson played in church once and had all the heads bobbing in tempo like they were here.

8. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...

9. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    The drummer was very jack black in the beginning, but he altered it a bit i thought.

Best line of the episode: "That's kindof a bad idea, one might hang lower than the other one."

10. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I've seen the first two episodes and like it so far. I learned about the show due to some promotion of what's her name being on the second episode.

Downloading the third episode off usenet. I keep forgetting to set my DVR to record the show going forward. Going to do that right now.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is what I immediately thought of, too. Either way, it was pretty funny seeing the wedding guests subtlely bobbing their heads to Frankenstein.

Interesting seeing Harold Perrineau (Michael from LOST). I thought he actually looked younger here than he did in LOST, even though it's been nearly 9 years since that pilot was filmed.

The married guy kept remininding me of a poor man's Zachary Levi (Chuck).

12. lodica1967

lodica1967 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hawaiian...
    I really like it. Whoever is coming up with the music is a pro! It is always perfect for the episode and totally unexpected. I'm a fan.

Guess I need to find out who their music consultant is for the show. Anyone know?

13. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I believe it's Adam Schleshinger. His band Fountains of Wayne is pretty awesome. Also has another band called Ivy.

14. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I watched LOST and was thinking of how now 3 of the actors from that show are now on shows of their own this season.

15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    just bumping this to say I really really hope this gets not only renewed but keeps going for a couple more years. I have been really enjoying this show.

Really.:)

16. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I've been enjoying it too. Not really sure why, but who cares. :D

17. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I got caught up with this show yesterday. I think I'm getting bored with it.

18. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
  19. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
  20. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I did get bored and quit watching after like 3 or 4 episodes.