1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

website down / support unavailable!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by pninen, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mar 2, 2010 #1 of 23
    pninen

pninen New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    This is amazing. On account of a new product introduction, they took the entire TiVo web site down. Now instead of my now playing list, todo list, etc all I can get is a dumb countdown screen!

When I call customer service, it appears they have the evening off too. We're within normal CS business hours, but they're not answering the phone.

Great TiVo. Good way to service your customers.

2. Mar 2, 2010 #2 of 23
    Gai-jin

Gai-jin Active Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Quad City...
    In the top right corner of the countdown page, there is a blue link to "Customer Support". After clicking that link, you can access the normal TiVo web site, including the My Tivo section.

3. Mar 2, 2010 #3 of 23
    pninen

pninen New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Nope. I've tried that. Tried it 100 times. Tried it with firefox. Tried it with IE7. Every time I try to go to "my tivo" or "find tv shows" or anything in those menus, the darn countdown clock reappears.

4. Mar 2, 2010 #4 of 23
    Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    If you want to try recording new shows you can try the movile site:
    http://m.tivo.com/
    I know it dosent have what you really want, but not sure what else to do now..

5. Mar 2, 2010 #5 of 23
    magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    yep, tivo.com --> customer support --> my tivo --> back to countdown

someone made a big boo boo with this one. hopefully, this will be fixed at the countdown mark.

6. Mar 2, 2010 #6 of 23
    ampm99

ampm99 Tivo Zealot

Feb 17, 2003
    Danville,CA
    The first time in months I am traveling and want to record something and TIVO pulls a bonehead play like this. I will certainly not buy a Series4 until TIVO apologizes and promise this will NEVER happen again.

7. Mar 2, 2010 #7 of 23
    pninen

pninen New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Yep. All online scheduling appears to be down. I can't online schedule from yahoo tonite either.

8. Mar 2, 2010 #8 of 23
    adessmith

adessmith Member

Oct 4, 2007
    This is just a slap in the face to the existing users.

They sell us a product marketed as an HD DVR, but retro fit it with an old "tacked on" user interface.
    They tease us with something that should have been in the product we got, and let us beta test it for them.
    Then they announce that, in order to get that feature, we have to upgrade to new hardware.

THEN

They slap us in the face with a message that might as well say: "For the next 8 hours, we are not going to provide our old users with some of the services they are paying for (online scheduling)... do to the release of a new product" ????

I cant really put my finger on it, but something about this was insulting and gave me a bad feeling....

9. Mar 2, 2010 #9 of 23
    Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Like I said earlier... If you want online scheduling use tivos MOBILE site for now. It still works!!:
    Http://m.tivo.com

10. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
  11. SafariKC

SafariKC My TiVo reboots alot

Mar 6, 2000
    Marlborough,...
    The fact that mobile works still doesn't make the fact that they did a blanket re-direct to the countdown a boneheaded move.

I'm sure once they see this thread they'll do something to expose the functionality for folks again.

12. pninen

pninen New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Why did they send the support people home several hours early?

13. riddick21

riddick21 New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    A glimpse of things to come. After this failure of a release I'm sure their website and CS centers will shut down for good.

14. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Agreed but we are just offering the alternative to fact that it's down and some people really want to schedule a recording.

15. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    Maybe not. If they're doing a major overhaul of the web site and it's features then that functionality may not be available until the work is complete. Of course it would have been better to make that clear in their countdown message and provide a link to the mobile scheduling site.

16. lalinon

lalinon New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Wow, this is incredible that they'd take away the whole site - should be interesting when it comes back up. Why on earth have the countdown end at 3:15am PST?

17. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    This whole pent-up product launch has turned into a giant cluster. The "Just A Warmup" nonsense now taking over the Tivo homepage just caps it off.

The sad thing is Tivo probably thinks they nailed one out of the park.

18. imfsimm

imfsimm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I ordered a movie Double Identity online at Amazon video on demand to my TIVO. My order went through on Amazon. But for some reason, my download hasn't started. When I tried to force the issue on TIVO box, it say's I don't have video sharing turned on. Tells me to go to tivo.com and login to your account and turn it on!

Well I tried that?

On a side note:

This hole night has turned out bad.

I rented the same movie from a redbox in my neighborhood. It let me rent it online, but when I got to the machine it was stuck in stupid mode.

Apparently someone tried to return a dvd and push into the slot. According to the store, the machine has been down all day? If the machine has been down all day how come I could rent the movie online. Apparently the machine doesn't phone home with a problem.

I had to call the 800 number and have them cancel my order. They sent me free codes in a email?, but the order hasn't been canceled and credited to my account as of this writing.

I should have have just went to bed at 6:00pm

Sometimes I really hate technology :(

Sorry about the rant!

Tim

19. pninen

pninen New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Nope. Not even that works now. I get "too many connections". Apparently I'm not the only one trying to schedule a movie or two.

Code:
    Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli-mysqli]: (08004/1040): [COLOR="Red"]Too many connections[/COLOR] in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php  on line 12

Warning: mysqli::query() [function.mysqli-query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 50

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 53

Warning: mysqli::query() [function.mysqli-query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 141

Warning: Utility_Session::gc() [function.Utility-Session-gc]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 144

Warning: mysqli::close() [function.mysqli-close]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/html/include/classes/Utility/Session.php on line 42

20. jmill

jmill New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Works fine for me as of this posting.