1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Videos and RSS feeds

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by carterblumeyer, Dec 15, 2013.

1. carterblumeyer

carterblumeyer New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Since the fall 2013 update(not 20.38) I am missing the ability to browse web videos or enter in a RSS feed to view them and set up a download subscription. Am I missing something?
  2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Check the two checkbox settings for your Tivo in your Tivo.com account. Don't remember the exact names but at least one of them obviously controls such items. If they are already checked, try unchecking them, close the account page, wait a while, go back in and check them. Then wait another while and force your Tivo to connect to the mother ship. This has been necessary at some times in the past. If it happens more than once every several months, complain to Tivo support.
  3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    You don't say what type of TiVo you have. This feature has apparently been intentionally dropped from the Roamio, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Premiere follow. You're supposed to be able to find webcasts via the Search function now, although it's not a complete substitute for the Web Videos app, and clearly doesn't help with RSS feeds. :(
  4. carterblumeyer

Nov 9, 2003
    I have 2 premier.. And it looks like you can find the web videos via the search but I am guessing that if the search feature is not that full I am going to need to enter the RSS. Hmmm hope they bring it back...
  5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Wait, do you mean like CNET videos? You can't download them on a Roamio anymore?
  6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    No, TiVo just took the Browse Web Videos out of the menu, or something like that.
    You can still find and download the web videos through the search function or using the tivo.com website.
  7. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Just for everyone's general info, if you have a Premiere and switch back to the SDUI you can still browse web videos, like we were used to inside the UI. Other than that you can also browse them on TiVo.com - but the web site is normally painfully slow:

8. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Yeah, I finally found that.. bummer.. I wonder if the SP copies via kmttg didn't work for web videos.
  9. carterblumeyer

Nov 9, 2003
    Hello Carter,

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with your concerns.

We have begun to remove some features, such as RSS feeds via the HDUI. If you would like to see features like this added again, I would recommend submitting your feedback to the following location: http://advisors.tivo.com/wix5/p2272893819.aspx

Please continue to use reference number 131218-006511 for further contact regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

TiVo Customer Support Representative
    Customer (Carter Blumeyer) 12/18/2013 06:17 AM
    Since my last update I can't seem to find in the HD UI the ability to browse webvideos and set up a season pass? Also the ability to enter a RSS Feed. If I switch to the SD Ui the option is there. Am I missing something and it moved? I used to be able to go to find TV,movies, &videos and under there was Browse Webvideos... I can go to the new web video hotlist and view some of the shows but can't set up a season pass. Many thanks

Your incident number is 131218-006511
    Product Level 1: Devices
    Product Level 2: TiVo Premiere
    Date created: 12/18/2013 06:17 AM
    Updated: 12/18/2013 01:21 PM
    Proper Escalation2:
    Social Channel:
    Watch Movies:
    Type Movie:
    Favorite Actor:
    ERT Incident Date: