1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weakness shipped open box

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by brianric, Aug 29, 2013.

1. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I received my Roamio Pro from Weaknees with the Tivo box already opened. I don't believe it was a return item as it was bought and shipped out by Weaknees the day the Roamios first became available. Why would Weaknees open the box before shipping it out, especially seeing it was the Pro, not a modified basis or Plus unit?

2. BruceShultes

BruceShultes New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    This is just a guess, but they might have hooked a few up in a random quality test.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Maybe yours is the one they used to test the 4GB drive upgrade?

I have a Pro coming from them too, hopefully shipping today, I'll let you know if mine looks like it's been opened.

4. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    A guess would be a test of some type to sort out DOA items. But I expect the best way to get an answer id to ask them directly.

michael

5. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I did. They claimed they didn't open it. The said maybe the tape popped open in shipping? No way that happened. Box was opened the same way I open boxes, a sharp knife to cut the tape without cutting the box. The unit is working fine, and I have no intention of returning it.

6. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    From Weaknees.

Thanks for letting us know. I can assure you with every bit of confidence that the unit was taken from a pallet directly from TiVo and shipped to you without intervention at our warehouse. If the unit was retaped, it was done at the factory for a reason unbeknownst to me.

Glad to hear that it's working!

I believe Weaknees explanation.

7. trade

trade Tivo Addict

Sep 1, 2005
    Fullerton, CA
    I will returned, is not possible that other hands touched your Tivo before you... this is not a virgin product

8. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I just got my 1st of two Plus and WK double boxed and the TiVo box itself was sealed.

9. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    if this was two weeks into the launch of the product I would return it. Seeing that it was shipped on launch date I feel comfortable enough it is not a returned unit.

10. ncbill

ncbill Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    My replacement unit direct from Tivo looked like it had been opened and resealed, but everything on the inside was packaged like new.

11. PoobBubes

PoobBubes Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Weakness emailed me yesterday and said my Pro was scheduled to ship today. I still haven't received a tracking email though :(

12. mntvjunkie

mntvjunkie New Member

May 12, 2009
    I was originally told my Pro would ship today too, but I emailed them around 6, and they said that mine will ship tomorrow. A bit frustrating, but if it ships tomorrow, I'm still happy. The box came out last Tuesday, so demand is really high right now. And from the reviews I read, I think a LOT of people will be upgrading from S3/S4 boxes this time around.

13. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I ordered a Plus on Sunday afternoon. Haven't heard a thing from Weaknees. With the holiday on Monday, I'm just hoping I get it sometime late next week.

14. Thom

Thom Active Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Whittier,...
    Yesterday, I cancelled my Weaknees base Roamios order, went to a local Best Buy and got them immediately. I wanted to make sure I had them before the new TV season began.

15. Mgnyc11

Mgnyc11 New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I ordered from weaknees and my order was fine

16. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    As expected mine is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Stupid holiday! :mad:

17. PoobBubes

PoobBubes Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I emailed them today and they said mine actually did ship yesterday. It's scheduled for delivery Thursday. I went ahead and activated Lifetime on it since they gave me the TSN. Hope they gave me the correct one ;)

18. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Oh that's why my box came activated with lifetime! Wooo you saved me $400!! :up: lol :D

19. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    That gave me mine too. Can you tell me why you activated before receiving it? Trying to decide if there's an advantage to that and why not just wait. Thanks.

20. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    It can sometimes take a couple days for TiVos servers to update after activating before it shows lifetime as active.