1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WD20EURS Refurb $82.99 @Newegg

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MeInDallas, Feb 25, 2013.

1. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    WD20EURS Refurb for $82.99 with Promo code EMCXVVV72 good until 2/28/2013.

I've never bought a refurb before so I dont know much about them. Just thought I would pass the deal along if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

2. spaldingclan

spaldingclan New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    just me personally: I'd never trust a refurbed hdd
  3. bmgoodman

bmgoodman Member

Dec 20, 2000
  4. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    I've used a few and never had any issues with them. Most refurbs are either customer returns or open box items that can't be sold as new so they're flagged as refurbished items even though there's nothing wrong with them. All refurbed drives are tested the same as a new drive and then repackaged as refurbs if they pass the quality checks. The major difference is that they have a vastly reduced warranty period.
  5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    I have some refurbs in use. I've never had an issue. They've been running for years with no problems, just like my brand new hard drives. But for me, I've been using hard drives for over twenty years and I've yet to have a hard drive die once I put it into service(I have had some DOA or dead from user error, like me breaking the SATA connector, but that was before I put them in service).

I still have a hard drive from the early 90's that is 20MB that I had in an old 8088 PC. That even still works. And 250+ hard drives later, I'm still waiting for a hard drive to fail. Of course I expect it to happen eventually, but so far I've not seen it. And currently I have over 85 hard drives in use in various devices. Although mostly in my WHS and two unRAID setup.
  6. billbillw

billbillw Member

Aug 15, 2005
    I'd avoid the refurb drives as well. Not really much cheaper and hardly any warranty (only 90-days). I only payed $85 for my new 2TB EURS last fall. Just have to wait for the deals.