1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to stop current show from playing?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tmar2508, Aug 10, 2012.

1. tmar2508

tmar2508 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    When I am watching a recording, how do I just stop it? When I hit back, it continues to play in the upper right window. Is it possible to stop and have nothing playing?

2. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I know you can hit pause, so it's paused in that window.

Otherwise I'm not sure how you'd stop it without just configuring the menu not to have the TV window.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Pressing Live TV will dump out of the recording as well, effectively stopping it.

4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Good point.

Of course you've then got Live TV playing in the box. That may or may not be an improvement, depending on what bothered the original poster about video playing the the menu box.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    It wouldn't be in the Video Preview window, though, it would be full-screen since pressing Live TV would bypass going through TiVo Central. But yeah, it depends on what the OP is looking for ...

6. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    If you want nothing playing, find an empty channel and tune to it.

I'm on FIOS and I use 33 and 66 as my blank standbys. There are tons of others.

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can get rid of that window by pressing the Slow button on the remote. That will pause the recording until you return to it.

Dan