1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ned4spd8874, Apr 18, 2009.

1. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Okay, I'm really confused now. I talked to TiVo and they said that they do NOT offer any type of warranty on the units if they are bought from a store. They ONLY offer warranty if you buy it from them. But I'm looking at their web site and it looks like they do...but when I mentioned this page to the rep., she just incinerated that it's only if the unit is bought from them.

Is that really true? I have a hard time believing they won't warranty their products bought at a retail store.

Ugg...I can't post the link to the warranty page, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

2. pdhenry

pdhenry Safety Pin

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
  3. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Yeah, that was the page I tried to link to before. I brought that up to the rep. and she was insistant that it's only if I bought it from them. I asked her point blank "so TiVo does NOT offer any type of warranty of units bought at a retail store" and she said "no".

I didn't think that was correct. I've never heard of a major company NOT offering any type of warranty on their products before. I thought she was wrong. Thanks again!