1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning! Rake last minute confusion

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by unitron, Apr 4, 2014.

1. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you were expecting your TiVo to record the next to last Rake episode tonight, Friday, April 4th, 2014, and the last one next Friday, it may think it did record tonight's episode.

Except what Fox ran, and what had already made it into the update guide data, was a Kichen Nightmares re-run.

My S2 DT has recording it has labeled as Rake that it just finished making.

But during the recording the guide had KN listed and hitting the info button brought up an overlay that said KN and offered me the option of stopping recording.

But in the NPL it's calling it Rake.

So, your season pass may think it's already recorded episode 112, Remembrance of Taxis Past, which is really RoTP, pt 1, with part 2 originally scheduled for a week from tonight.

Instead, they're going to run both parts tomorrow night, Saturday, April 5th, 2014, in a 2 hour block, which the TiVo guide data also sees as episode 112.

So don't count on your season pass to get this one right.

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    There wouldn't be any problem because FOX is airing the last two episodes as a single two hour episode with the title Remembrance of Taxis Past; A Man's Best Friend . So even if a tivo thought it recorded Remembrance of Taxis Past, the ep on Saturday has a different title and o.a.d.

3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Earlier the guide data didn't have the compound title listed for Saturday night, just the same title and the same episode number.

Not to mention that having missed the Friday night episode no longer being in the guide data and thinking that it was recording it anyway, I'm just a little short on blind faith at the moment, so I'm scheduling manually just to be sure.

4. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Easy enough to check your to do list, yes?

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, but the point of this whole section is for reminders for people to check things that MAY not be handled properly.

6. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Noticed this morning that the skipped 6th episode "Mammophile" is set to air on June 27th.

7. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
  8. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Yeah, why even have a forum devoted to SP alerts when people can just check their TDL? :rolleyes:

9. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So that's the only one unaired ep, right? The ep #s are all wacky...