1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warehouse 13 "The Big Snag" 5/13/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Idearat, May 14, 2013.

1. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I got a kick out of the Galaxy Quest mini-reunion.

2. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Didn't notice the reunion, but I did notice Myka in that dress in the Nightclub. Very nice.

3. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    I hate that style of speech all 40s mystery spoofs do. The episode annoyed me.

4. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Yeah, gotta say Joanne Kelly cleans up (or 40's up) really nicely.

I also liked "It's not time travel -- the 1940's were in color, much like the rest of history"

5. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I liked the Pete and Myka story a lot, but the constant switching to the rather dumb car heist story started to annoy.

6. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
  7. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    The real writer and the fictional blonde girl were played by Enrico Colantoni and Missi Pyle. In Galaxy Quest he played the engineer and she was one of the aliens they helped.

In Galaxy Quest the alien girl stayed on earth to be with him when the rest of the aliens flew away. In Warehouse 13 he stayed in the book world with her while the other real people went home.

I agree that the film noir speak got to be annoying. I took that to mean that the guy wasn't really that good a writer and they had to speak cliché to be understood by the characters.

8. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I loved this episode. The car story was a bit weak, though it was kind of funny when it turned into a 70s thing after all the 40s stuff. But the 40s story was hilarious and engaging. They really slipped a lot of great lingo and in-jokes in. I howled when Pete yelled at Myka about "bogarting" the last page.

And... damn, but Myka sure wears that dress well. I have almost never found her that sexy (and this despite she's depicted as the bookworm, which always is a big plus for me), but in this, she really shone.

There was only one thing they missed, though. There should have been a point where Pete and Myka were sitting around in a room saying they had no leads and no idea where to go or what to do next, then a few seconds of pause, and then two guys with guns should have burst into the room.

To the post above, Enrico wasn't the engineer, he was the leader of the Thermians, Mathesar. (Tony Shalhoub played the engineer.)

9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Uhm, no.
    Colantoni played Mathesar, the leader of the aliens needing help.

Tony Shalhoub played Fred Kwan, "the engineer".

10. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    Is it still a smeek if it's only been a half hour, but it's just one post down?

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yes, unless he opened the thread, then got called away while he composed his reply, and thus didn't have the opportunity to read yours first.

We're on the honor system. It's up to JYoung to decide if he's a dirty, lowdown smeeker or just really busy. :D

12. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Colantoni played the alien Mathesar, leader of the Termites . . . um, nevermind.

13. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Dang, I got so excited when I saw the two of them standing together I totally forgot that Tony Shalhoub played the engineer.

14. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Distracted, FTR. :eek:
    I did get a phone call before I posted.