1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: TivoNet, TurboNet or CacheCard

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by stamasd, Jul 14, 2013.

1. stamasd

stamasd Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    wrapper state
    After about 10 years of service, my TurboNet card bit the dust. I tested it in my other S1 TiVo (I have 2 :)) and it's definitely the card that is bad, not a software problem. So now I need a replacement because that unit isn't getting updates anymore (dialup is not an option, and I'd rather not do the ppp-over-serial as I'm too lazy). I can use a TivoNet card as well since I have a NE2000 ISA card I could drop in there. In fact that is what I use in my other S1. And CacheCard has built-in networking as well.

So if you have either a TivoNet, TurboNet or Cachecard that you don't use anymore, drop me a PM because I'm interested. :)

2. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Check ebay. They show up there from time to time.

3. stamasd

stamasd Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    wrapper state
    Well, I did before posting. Looks like the last time one showed up was a couple of months ago.

4. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, MA
  5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Check ebay for used Tivos with either adapter and not just the adapter. You probably stand a better chance of finding one alreading installed in a Tivo rather than a standalone card.

6. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, MA
    go to the site I mentioned. They still have cards.

9thtee hasnt updated in years, but what is listed is still saleable

7. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Ask Jafa!

8. stamasd

stamasd Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    wrapper state
    Yeah, I bought one from 9th tee this morning. I first contacted Mark to confirm that he still has any left, and when he replied I placed an order. Thanks!

As for ebay, indeed all of those I have seen listed in the part were installed in units, not alone.

Is he still around? I haven't been around here myself for the past few years.

9. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
  10. stamasd

stamasd Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    wrapper state