1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Street Journal about Veterans and TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by lessd, Aug 16, 2012.

1. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Today's WSJ has an article by Tom Rogers on how TiVo is trying to help Veterans get jobs, it's on page A11. I can't link to the article as I only have as Sub to the print edition.

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    They need to get somebody like ABC's nightline to do a story about this, spread the idea to other businesses and get some free good PR for TiVo in the process.

3. spidershowl11

spidershowl11 New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    America has asked many men and women to protect the country while making huge sacrifices along the way. But when their military careers wrap up, they are often not trained adequately to change careers, and too few companies are making use of the tremendous life skills developed during combat tours.
    It is really great to see someone take initiative to save these veterans in their later stages of life.

4. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Wish they had something like this 40 years ago.

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I assume you mean this program, although I wish they'd had TiVo 40 years ago as well.

6. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
  7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    There was a video about this a few weeks ago that interviewed some TiVo people and veterans. I remember viewing the link from my Boxee Box home page.

8. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Yeah, that program. I got out in 1972. Forget Tivos, did they even have VCRs back then? Got my first one just in time for the launch of MTV. :D

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    They had VTRs. Video Tape Recorders. I remember my dad bringing one home from work for a few days back in the early 70's. I thought it was the coolest thing.