1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOD on WOW?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rferebee, May 4, 2014.

1. rferebee

rferebee New Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Has anyone gotten the WOW Video On Demand to operate on their Tivo? The WOW technician that I spoke to said that it should work but I get a "channel not authorized" message when I switch to the VOD channel. Technician is coming Wednesday to try to figure it out.

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Unless something has changed recently since I researched several years ago WOW did not have support for VOD using any third party device. VOD requires two way communication and the Cable Card when used in a TiVo is only one way.

I believe you can call WOW and purchase a VOD movie. They will have to push it to your cable card to allow viewing. PITA IAC.

3. rferebee

rferebee New Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Well the technician came on Wednesday and said the answer is a definite maybe, although no one could tell me how it's done. The consensus among the other techs that he called was that only the cable box has the necessary software to establish the protocol required for the transactions. He pointed me to a web application that would allow streaming VOD to a PC or Ipad, which could then transfer to my Roku.

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    no OD but PPV like sports WWE TNA can be called in and ordered if it is shown on a channel non vod. Cable Cards are 2 way it's the tivo and other hardware thats oneway.