1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VideoReDo, promotions/sales?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by LynnL999, Feb 19, 2013.

1. LynnL999

LynnL999 Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Irvine,...
    Does anyone know if VideoReDo ever offers sale or promotional prices? I'm trying it out and it seems like a good program, but I'm just not going to need it all that often, and $99 is a bit steep for me (for the h264 version). Just curious if it's worth waiting.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Since summer 2006 at least I've never noticed a VRD sale.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I don't ever remember seeing any promotions or sales with VideoReDo. At one time, I think I remember seeing it for sale through DVR Upgrade (or Weaknees), but I don't remember if it was cheaper. Now it seems they don't offer it any longer.

At least there are options, it just depends on what you're willing to compromise.

What is your goal?

If it is just for editing .tivo files, then VRD Plus ($50) would suit your needs.
    You can find other free software programs that will burn DVDs and convert video to H.264.

IMO, the editing features alone are worth the $50 investment. Especially if you are a Tivo power user.

4. timdugan

timdugan New Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Never seen sale, but use TV Suite a fair amount and well worth the cost.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I wrote a whole coupon system for our website a couple years ago, but we never actually used it.

DVRUpgrade.com use to sell VideoReDo for like $5 cheaper then we do, but they got sold to Weaknees or some other competitor a couple years ago and they don't sell it any more.

Wish I could tell you more, but I'm a developer. I'm not really involved in the business side of things.

6. tluxon

tluxon Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Kirkland, WA
    Having been a long-time user of Womble's MPEG Video Wizard, I found many uses for VideoReDo Plus to justify the purchase. Within a few years I got a video camera that created AVCHD video, which VideoReDo TV Suite readily handled, so I upgraded to that and it's been worth every penny (about 4700 of them for the upgrade :).

7. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    hi. how is implementation with Windows 8 going....is VRD totally compatible now in all regards, and as reliable as it is with Windows 7?

8. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yes. As far as I know we have no outstanding issues with Win8

9. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    super. do you have a private address to ask further questions?

10. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can send me a PM on these forums or you can ask questions over on our forums or you can send us an email to support.